Re: [IrelandOldNews] Re: Christina Dunne nee Union

  • Loretta
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2007
      Hello back to you. I didn't expect a reply ... just hope I was some help ... I should thank you because out of my curiosity, I found out something new. Good luck in your search.

      I should tell you, my Mother, who will be 95 in December goes on the internet highway in her trusty WEBTV. In other words she and I began just about the same time as my son had started me on the WebTv...For the past eight years, though, I've had a computer. I just happened to look for my Mother's maiden name one day and up popped more of the family. My Mother's father had been the youngest of 10 children and was born, in the 1950-s or 1860's and Mama thought there were just not any relatives. She knew of a couple cousins...that was it and she thought they had already passed. Anyway, I had that person contact Mom. That person's son was active in genealogy and had a great deal of information about the family. Turns out there are cousins...She has written to them in Australia, here in the United States and a number of places...One even brought his mother to visit her and they all visited the family grave site that he was able to find. What a wonderful time she's had. Keep on looking you just never know who you'll locate.

      My neighbor's family is from County Caven. She has been even more active, having them come to visit from Ireland and she has gone to visit them. Her father was a close friend of Michael Collins.... In fact, it was because of him that her father had been able to come to the United States. She spends a great deal of time at the Mormon Libraries ... Here, in nearby Jupiter and in Michigan where she and her husband also have a home.

      I am just a little more than curious as I don't have much time to look. Seems I get the ball rolling for someone else.

      Good luck in your search...It's quite an adventure.

      Loretta,
      West Palm Beach, FL

      From: "daniellewestbury" <daniellewestbury@...>
      Date: 2007/07/10 Tue AM 10:59:40 EST
      To: IrelandOldNews@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [IrelandOldNews] Re: Christina Dunne nee Union

      Hi Loretta,

      Sorry i didn't get back yto you before now, but due to living in new
      apartments, the services go down all the time and i have been offline
      for a while!!

      I did goolge it and have plenty of info about the group. I have also
      found out what paper she was in, but have yet to go to the archives to
      look at the paper.

      But thank you for posting me a reply! :)

      Danielle :)

      --- In IrelandOldNews@yahoogroups.com, "Loretta Brown" <LBrown2607@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello Danielle,
      >
      > Have you attempted to Google "Cuman na nBan?" There is a great deal of
      information on there. I had no idea waht Cuman na nBan was, (I
      apologize) but through Google, I do now. Lots of information, there.

      > Loretta
      > Florida

    • Loretta
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2007
        By the way ...I just happened to think as I saw your email sailing off into the unknown...You mentioned Dunne. My Mother writes to someone by the name of Dunne. Is your Dunne any relationship to any Roneys, Connaghan, (et al) or Gunson?

        Loretta Brown
        West Palm Beach, FL
        From: "daniellewestbury" <daniellewestbury@...>
        Date: 2007/07/10 Tue AM 10:59:40 EST