!! Ballina Chronicle; July 10, 1850

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      Ballina, Co. Mayo
      Wednesday, July 10, 1850
      BIRTHS

      In this town, on Friday last, Mrs. David Baird, of a daughter.
      In Castlebar, on the 7th inst., the lady of Frederick J. Barry, Esq.,
      of a daughter.

      DEATHS.

      In London, suddenly on the 1st. inst., Robert Dillon Browne, Esq., for
      many years M.P. for the county of Mayo.
      At Wesport on Friday at an early age of 56 years, Catherine, the
      beloved wife of Mr. Coffey, C.E., deeply regretted by a numerous family and
      large circle of friends.

      MURDEROUS ASSAULT - FATAL RESULT.

      Friday morning last, as the police were on patrol near Lisronagh, they
      discovered a man in an almost lifeless state lying on the road, he having
      been beaten thus brutally, by some persons at present unknown. The
      unfortunate man's name is Dawn. The police had him removed to his own house,
      which is but a short distance from the spot where this murderous attack was
      made, a medical man was immediately sent for, but the poor man was totally
      unable to utter a word, or even to make a sign which might lead to a
      discovery of the perpetrators of this dreadful outrage. Poor Dawn is a
      native of the neighborhood and always bore an excellent character. Since
      writing the above we have learned that Dawn has fallen a victim to the
      injuries inflicted on him. Our discovery of his brutal and murderous
      assailants. We have an active and vigilant police, and we hope that in a
      very short time a good amount will be given of these beastly and
      blood-stained miscreants.-- Clonmel Chronicle.