Ballina Chronicle Death; May 22, 1850

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2006
      Wednesday, May 22, 1850

      DIED
      On the 13th inst., at her residence, Union-street, Sligo, Anne, the
      beloved wife of James Davison, Esq.
      We have to record the death, by drowning, of a son of Mr. John Bodkin
      Joynt, officer on board the "Drumahair", emigrant vessel of Sligo, and
      eldest son of Robert Joynt, Esq., Tide Surveyor of Her Majesty's Customs at
      the port of Belfast. Mr. Joynt was swept from on board during a storm
      encountered by the vessel on her last trip to New York. He was in his 25th
      year and beloved and esteemed by all who knew him. We deeply sympathize with
      his bereaved parents and family in the heavy and hard-to-be-borne affliction
      which they have sustained by the loss of a good, estimable son.
      In Dublin, on Tuesday last, of consumption, Mary, only daughter of the
      late St. Clair O'Malley, Esq., at the early age of 18. The deceased was a
      young lady of much amiability and attraction.- She is deeply deplored by an
      afflicted mother and a large circle of friends. Her remains were removed on
      yesterday to Murrisk Abbey, the family cemetery.

      Joynt Family Chronicles
      http://www.celticcousins.net/joynt/