1177Connaught Journal; Jan 20, 1825

    Mar 31, 2007
      Galway, Thursday, January 20, 1825

      BIRTHS
      On the 10th instant, at Ironpool, County of Galway, the Lady of Francis
      Burke, Esq., Barrister at Law, of a son and daughter.

      DIED
      At his house, in French-street, yesterday morning at 10 o'clock, Philip
      Lawless, Esq. This much respected Gentleman was in his 76th year, and we
      believe we may say with great truth, that no Citizen of Dublin ever passed
      through a long and difficult life with more honor to himself and the
      community of which he was a member. - a just tribute to worth so valuable,
      is the best admonition to the survivors. It is with this feeling we
      contemplate the character of our departed Countryman, who, in all the
      relations of public and private life, was one example to all around him. He
      was the father of a numerous family - his sons have distinguished themselves
      in their respective professions, in such a manner as best proves the
      kindness and anxiety of the best of parents. The Bar, the Army and the Navy,
      have conferred honors on his children, and the confidence of his Country is
      largely reposed in the integrity and talents of his oldest son, and one of
      our sincerest friends, the Proprietor of The Irishman. No father was ever
      more pleased in his children - no children more blessed by the wise
      protection of a parent.--[Freeman's Journal.
      On Friday last, in the Phoenix-park, Dublin, the infant daughter of Sir
      Colin and Lady Campbell, aged nine months.
      On the 5th instant, at Kingsfort, County Meath, James, only son of
      James Farrel, Esq.
      In Molesworth-street, Dublin, on the 12th instant, Charles Young, Esq.
      At the Cape of Good Hope, on the 28th Sept., Dr. Wm. Harrison of the
      6th Foot.