[Iraq] Zainab

  • aziz nasiri
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2003

      Very interesting woman view from Baghdad and a lively debate at this website:

      http://www.realwomenonline.com/article.php?story=20030627054459786

      first post
      Friday, June 27 2003 @ 05:44 AM EDT
      Contributed by: Zainab
       I know that one day there will be agreat revolution against the Americans and now we have the first seeds of that revolution . many Iraqi soldiers have demonstrated on june 18th in front of ORHA(the republican palace) claiming their rights of either having salaries or retired

      Though this incident had been proceeded by many others , nevertheless, it is the first time like having a really organized activity , they where absolutely agitated or furious against the Americans . A convoy was trying to get inside ,one of the Americans got panic and started shooting at the masses ,two Iraqis got killed others wounded , terrible scarey scene . You have two sides each is inflicting the other great losses and its only the beginning . Did you know that at the beginning of the invasion everybody said it�s a bless getting rid of Saddam Hussien but it turns to be an ever lasting curse,haw could they just go leaving the biggest oil reservoir in the region, they have planned to stay, accept it or not ,the staunting thing is what the people want naw (the return of Saddam the tyrant)!!! . When you think thoroughly about it you find it logical & reasonable ,during the past regime there were safety &work chances(money) BUT, THERE IS NO FREEDOM, naw there is freedom without safety or public services with very very mini work opportunities , so normally they prefer the past time of saddam. They just want to live their life that�s all, they even start wishing if they were born in very poor country which doesn�t draw anybody�s attention. Naw we keep hearing news about incidents of Americans being missing or killed in different parts of Baghdad or other provinces ,also the Iraqi popular resistance movement have called other liberation movements abroad to come and work together for Iraq�s liberation , sparks ,sparks, of big fire , why all that should happen ? All you have to do is forming a decent real government! Is that hard to be done ? or is it been postponed for some hidden reasons which we cant realized naw but maybe later on we can, only God knows.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Salaam Yousif
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 30, 2003
        At 01:46 AM 6/29/03 -0500, you wrote:
        >Thanks, Sinan. As you can see, my email program didn't interpret you text
        >as Arabic as it usually does.

        Dear Anwar,

        I had the same problem. Actually, I sometimes have the same problem with
        Meso's postings in Arabic. Does anyone know of a program that will enable
        the Arabic script to be displayed?

        Salaam

      • Vicki Andrada
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 30, 2003
          I think if you go to the windows update page it should have something there.
          Hope you find it.
          Vicki
> [...]

          >end the ring becomes smaller and smaller. The mechanism of the lock allows
          >movement in one direction only. The ring get smaller and tighter. It never
          >gets wider.
          >
          >originally, they were invented to tie together loose objects. I use some of
          >them (of a smaller caliber) for bundling the cables of my computer system.
          >When I first saw those larger ones being used to handcuff persons in Iraq,
          >I thought, "that is effective detention economy, that's expanded
          >usability." Instead of running around with a tedious load of metal
          >handcuffs, you just give each soldier few of "those white things". You may
          >call this CMDE (Creative Mass Detention Economy". At last, "those white
          >things" have made their way to celebrity on Iraqi soil.
          >
          >Whatever, I am going to start writing poems about Iraq in Arabic. That's

        • Salaam Yousif
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2003
            Many thanks, Vicki.
            Salaam

            At 12:36 AM 7/1/03 -0400, you wrote:
            >I think if you go to the windows update page it should have something there.
            >Hope you find it.
            >Vicki

          • moms43place
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 3, 2008
              To all members...sorry I went on that rant.  I know there are millions of good Muslims around the world who hate the terrorists.

              I just get really annoyed everytime I hear the word "zionist."  It's the Arab world's blame for all bad that happens.

              I think the article about the Dubai official speaking out against the killings in Mumbai was good.  I've read it in one of the English-translated Arab papers.

              However, talk is easy.  The Arab/Muslim world has to end its brainwashing of its people from childhood that Jews are pigs, etc. This only teaches hatred.  It's not going to help the peace process, which the Arab world is beginning to want because it's entering the world economy and becoming successsful and modern.

              The Palestinian-Israeli issue:  How can any one bring peace when Hamas wants Israel's destruction, and Hamas and Fatah have a civil war going on?  Until these 2 issues are resolved, resolving the Palestinian-Israeli conflict can't start.

              Tess