WORLD MARCH FOR PEACE, NYC Nov.30, local cities globally Dec.2

  • DC Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1008 KB

    This walk was in Jerusalem Oct.14

    For those who are unable to join the international team of marchers, we are asking them to organize local event son Dec 2 -- which we are designating a "Natonial World March Day." These events can be of whatever form -- local marches, vigils, film presentations, prayer services, nonviolence workshops, concerts, etc.

    I'm attaching a flyer that can be circualted to anyone interested.

    Are you marching for peace?
    www.worldmarchusa.net

    I just read the attached article in this morning's Santa Barbara News Press about the World March, says it was reprinted from Common Ground News Service but I could not find it anywhere online to copy and circulate.

     I was one of the coordinators for the UN50th anniversary Global Peace Walk from NYC to San Francisco in 1995.  We walked again from SF to UN in NYC in 2000, and each year from Taos to Santa Fe NM in April.

    Next year we will launch a run from Taos to Washington DC to NYC to do 4 days fasting at the UN before ceremony there Oct.24 65th UN Day 2010, run departs Taos on UN International Day of Peace and arrives in DC Oct.12 Columbus Day for Circle of hands ceremony around Washington Monument Oct.15.

    http://www.angelfire.com/on/GEAR2000/gpw.html

    Regards,

    David Williams
    Santa Barbara CA