May 14, 2008, at 3 AM, UFO Crash and removed in 17 minutes by government helicopter.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008

      UFO Crash and removed in 17 minutes by government helicopter.

      Earthfiles.com Environment | Mysterious Crash Near Needles, California

      http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1432&category=Environment

      KTOX 1340 AM Radio, Needles, California .
      Owner and General Manager is David Hayes. Frank Costigan,
      who is retired from airport police and operations management, does special
      news reports for KTOX. David Hayes has known “R. B.,” the Colorado River
      houseboat residence, for some time. Image courtesy KTOX Radio.

      June 6, 2008  Needles, California - On Wednesday, May 14, 2008, at 3 AM Pacific south of Needles, California, on the Colorado River near Topock, Arizona, a long-time houseboat resident was stunned to see a large, bright “fiery object” hurtling from the sky toward him. From the upper deck on his houseboat, “R. B.” was puzzled by the vivid turquoise-blue with touches of green he was seeing instead of reds, yellows and oranges in more normal fire. Despite the strange blue-green color, Ted thought perhaps he was watching a plane about to crash.

      Ted did not know there was another eyewitness - Frank Costigan, retired former Superintendent of Operations and Police Chief at Los Angeles International Airport from 1978 to 1985 and Superintendent of Operations at Ontario International Airport in California from 1985 to 1986. Recently Frank Costigan has been doing special news investigations and reports for KTOX AM 1340 Radio in Needles, California .

      At 3 AM on May 14, 2008, Frank had gotten up to let his Siamese cat out and went outside to look at the clear night sky. His home is about three miles east of the Colorado River . To his surprise, a large, bright object of many colors dominated by turquoise blue with some green was streaking through the sky toward the Colorado River area. Frank could also see some red and yellow colors like flames and expected to hear the huge boom of a crash impact.

      “I thought I might hear something when it hit the ground because if it was as close as I thought it was and as big as it was, I thought I would hear something. But I did not hear anything. And it went out of my view before it hit the ground.”

      But over on the Colorado River, R. B. was only about 400 yards from where the fiery turquoise-blue object hit the ground on the west side of the river. R. B. has requested anonymity because he’s afraid the U. S. government hurts people who report UFOs. He did not even want his voice recorded. R. B. has lived in a houseboat on the Colorado River for thirty some years. He was outside at 3 AM fishing when he saw the brilliant, turquoise-blue flaming object. When it hit the ground about 100 yards west of the river, he saw the whole thing bounce back up in the air with even more glowing red-yellow pieces around the big center object. And yet, he did not hear the crash sound he expected. “There was only a thump sound,” he told me.

      But he was afraid that some kind of plane had crashed and urgently went down to the lower deck of his houseboat to get his cell phone and climbed back up to the top deck to get a satellite signal for his phone. When he had a signal, he kept dialing 911, but only got a busy signal. All of this took about seven minutes after the crash. Then to his complete amazement, John Smith heard the loud sound of a sky-hook, or skycrane, helicopter coming fast in the night sky. The next thing he knew, the still-glowing object was hooked underneath the skycrane and carried away rapidly.

      I asked R. B. how big he thought the glowing object was? He said it was about the size of a 10,000-gallon tank truck – big and oval-shaped.

      After the sun came up, David Hayes, the Owner and General Manager of KTOX AM 1340, was driving to work along I-40 in Needles, when he saw very unusual vehicles traveling together with black and white U. S. government license plates.

      Interviews:

      David Hayes, Owner and General Manager, KTOX AM 1340, Needles, California : “That same morning (May 14, 2008), when I drove to the KTOX station which is right along I-40 in Needles, I noticed strange vehicles coming off the freeway going west into Needles. The first one was a very strange, black vehicle that was 4-wheel drive, definitely looked like it had a very beefed up suspension. It had a grill on the front of it and a utility bed in the back that had some strange bumps and almost looked like a radar dome-shaped type thing on top of it. It was black and had a triangular bed on the back. It kind of looked stealthy.

      Right behind it was a green van. Both had U. S. government license plates, the white with black letters. Behind those two, was a very long brand new stretch van also beefed up with government plates and a very serious man who I looked at and made eye contact with and he just stared me down. I was parallel with him on a frontage road as he was coming off the freeway and he slowed down to my speed. I was on a dirt road and going only 10 to 15 mph, when he could have been doing 40 mph over that bridge. He just got real slow and stared me down. I thought, ‘If you’re going to drive a Star Wars vehicle with U. S. government plates and not think people are not going to stare at you!?’ I just  wondered why he was staring at me so intently. After that, Frank told me what he had seen falling in the sky from his place around 3 AM.

      Then another friend of ours in the Laughlin, Nevada , airport area said that flights from McCarran Airport to Area 51 were coming in and landing throughout that day (May 14, 2008).

      So, it was like, ‘Wow, this is pretty strange!’

      One thing I’ll say about the government vehicles and the people in them is that they were very, very serious. In fact, it was suspiciously serious. That’s what got my ears perked up and when you put it all together.”

      R. B.'s Experience in Colorado River Houseboat

      R. B. has requested anonymity as one of many people who live in houseboats on the Colorado River and happened to be out fishing at 3 AM on Wednesday, May 14, 2008.

      R. B.:  “Never seen anything this dramatic come out of sky before. Have seen green-blue meteors, but this thing was bright, turquoise blue, almost like a lighter sky blue!

      Whatever crashed, I thought at the time it was a plane crashing.

      BECAUSE IT HAD WINGS AND A TAIL?

      No, because it was flaming.

      ACTUAL FIRE?

      Oh, yes, but a turquoise-blue fire with some green in it. And it hit the ground and bounced. But there were many other pieces – there were at least nine other pieces that bounced up in a circle around the turquoise blue-green object.

      ALL BOUNCING UP IN THE AIR AT THE SAME TIME?

      No, the main unit that looked like the size of a tanker truck hit. I was sitting on top of my boat fishing and listening to the radio like I do living out here on the Colorado River, but I saw it hit and thought, ‘My God, it has to be a plane that hit and bounced!’ Not like a ball, but it hit and came back up and went back down again. But there were other pieces that were coming with it. When it settled down, I couldn’t see it because of bushes between me on the river and where it came down.

      WHEN IT BOUNCED GLOWING, WHAT WAS THE SHAPE?

      More oval shaped. When it came down, that’s how I saw the shape of it – by the turquoise-blue fire that was in front of it that showed the oval shape.

      THE BIG PIECE WAS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A SEMI-TRAILER TRUCK?

      Yes, about the size of a maybe a 10,000-gallon tank truck.

      HOW DID YOU JUDGE THE SIZE OF THE CRASHED OBJECT AS BEING LIKE A 10,000-GALLON TANK TRUCK?

      Because there was a huge fire in front of it as it was coming down.

      DID THE OTHER SMALLER PIECES GLOW THE SAME BLUE-GREEN?

      No, they were more of a reddish color. But those smaller, glowing pieces did not appear until after the impact. It was like they broke off. The big object hit the ground at a tremendous speed.

      DID IT MAKE A BIG BOOMING SOUND WHEN IT HIT?

      No, actually, there was just a thump. It hit hard, but there was no crash sound. That’s when I saw the other pieces that flew off. I can’t believe I’m seeing this, and I had to go off the weather deck down to the main deck to get my phone because I thought a plane has crashed. There was no signal for my phone. Where I stay on the river, it’s hard to get a signal. So, I had to wait for a phone signal for maybe seven or eight minutes because a satellite was not there. Finally, I got a signal indication and I called 911, but there was no answer! My call would not go through. I kept getting a busy signal.

      Skycrane Retrieved Large,
      Still-Glowing, Oval-Shaped Crash Object

      Anyway, that’s when I heard the rotors going overhead. There were no lights, but I know what a skycrane sounds like and I know what it looks like.

      Skycrane hauling up interferometer housing at Mt. Wilson Observatory
      in Los Angeles , California , in 1998. Image source: Erickson Air-Crane, Inc.

      And that skycrane was with at least four smaller helicopters. The skycrane and the smaller helicopters surrounded the crashed object and the sky crane picked the thing up still glowing and off it went. From the time that object impacted to the time it was picked up was only about 17 minutes!

      HOW DO YOU THINK THE SKYCRANE PICKED UP THE BIG OBJECT?

      That’s the funny part. I could not figure that out. I was there trying to call 911 about an airplane crash and I went back up to get the phone signal and the skycrane already had the big object in the air! I could tell because it was still glowing – it was still red hot. And up it went toward the northwest at an extremely high rate of speed, from where I’m at, directly towards Las Vegas . When it was coming before it hit, the object had the turquoise-blue color to it. Then it hit and bounced and I went to get my phone. Then the skycrane came and as they were hauling the object off, it had a gold-orange hot glow to it.

      WHEN THE SKY-CRANE PICKED UP THE OBJECT WITH THE GOLD-ORANGE HOT GLOW, WAS THERE STILL SOME OF THE TURQUOISE COLOR?

      Just in the front where it seemed to be wrinkled a bit. It was picked up either in a net or by cables, but they picked it up so quickly and flew it off so quickly.

      THAT MEANS SOMEONE WAS TRACKING THE OBJECT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND ALREADY HAD THE SKYCRANE IN THE AIR TO RETRIEVE IT.

      They must have because the time from when it hit the ground to when they flew off with it was not more than about 17 minutes.

      WHERE WAS THE IMPACT IN RELATIONSHIP TO YOUR HOUSEBOAT? HOW FAR WAS IT FROM YOU?

      Approximately less than 400 yards.

      WHICH DIRECTION FROM THE RIVER?

      Coming from straight up to straight down on the west side, California side, of the Colorado River .

      DID ANY GOVERNMENT AGENTS OR VEHICLES SHOW UP AFTER SUN UP?

      No, the only thing that happened is that one of those small helicopters circled around my boat, shone a blue beam down that night, and then flew off.

      KTOX Weekly Tuesday Guest Questioned

      On Tuesday, May 27, 2008, David Hayes at KTOX hosted his regular morning radio program. Since May 14, he has talked about Frank Costigan's and R. B.'s fiery turquoise sighting and R. B.'s crash account. On May 27, David Hayes made a radio appeal for any other eyewitnesses to call KTOX and asked R. B. if he would call David again off air.

      On May 27th, the KTOX regular weekly guest to discuss politics was Toni Sagan, a member of the local River Valley Democratic Club. Her radio topic was the Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton battle for the presidential nomination. Toni told me she did not absorb the details about R. B.'s experience during the radio broadcast and was very surprised at the Democratic Club meeting that week when a well-dressed stranger approached her at the meeting and began asking questions about the crash.

      Toni told me the stranger called himself “Phil” and asked her if she knew R. B. She said she did not. Phil asked her if she knew any details from the off air conversation between David Hayes and R. B. off air. Toni told Phil she had no information. Phil sounded irritated and asked her if she heard any discussion about whether the object was on fire, what color it was, how big it was, did it splash in the river, who came to get it and where did R. B. live?

      Toni Sagan told Phil she knew nothing about the crashed object or R. B., which further irritated him to say, ‘But you were sitting right there during the broadcast. Didn't you hear any discussion with R. B.?’

      Toni was puzzled by the stranger's impatient interrogation during a Democratic Party meeting. The last she saw of Phil was his leaving the room to have a cigarette outside and he never returned. “Who do you think he was?” Toni asked. “His clothes were too neat and nice for Bullhead country here and his hair was cut short and neat. Do you think he was working for the military or government? If so, why would he ask me questions? It's David who runs KTOX and knows R. B.”

      If any Earthfiles viewers have more information about the fiery turquoise-blue, oval-shaped object that crashed on the western side of the Colorado River south of Needles, California, near Topoc, Arizona, at 3 AM on Wednesday, May 14, 2008, please email me: earthfiles@...    Confidentiality is always honored.