does Einhorn fit a classic batterer profile?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Jack,

      Interviewed on Connie Chung's program on CNN last night, the Maddux familiy
      members said they had no indication at all from Holly that Ira was
      physically abusive or violent towards her, and only after she was found dead
      under the circumstances and heard reports of his purported violence towards
      two previous girlfriends did they come to this battering syndrome
      conclusion.

      Certainly some folks in your network who knew Ira well back then would have
      some personal experiences to suggest one way or another if he was really as
      nonviolent as his family and friends seem to think, or if these earlier
      reports of violence towards his girlfriends have any basis in fact. His
      diary entries quoted in the article I sent yesterday seem to indicate he did
      at least write about violent thoughts.

      Certainly this purported pattern of violence will be brought up in his trial
      and will need to be addressed.

      Annika made a careful point on yesterday morning's Early Show and last
      night's Larry King Live news programs that in their 14years together Ira did
      not at any time exhibit any kind of tendency towards violence to her. This
      alone makes me suspicious of veracity of the reports of his beating up on
      two previous girlfriends before Holly.

      Certainly this is a very important issue. Perhaps some who knew Ira that
      are still on your network might have some comments on this?

      I respect her and her work (http://www.macronet.org) but
      I hope Sandi is as wrong about Ira as she is about Uri Geller.

      David