Re: [Iowa_Genealogy_Group] Researching Larsen, Hatcher and Bagg

  • Tanya Newman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1 11:33 AM
      Deb,
      I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  I was out of town.  Anyways, about George Oren Hatcher.  I don't know much about him at all.  He was my mom's grandfather.  He married Zella Mae Riker, not sure of which year or for sure where.  They are my grandmother's parents.  My grandmother was Martha Ione Hatcher and was born March 27, 1928 in Cedar Falls, Iowa.   Her mother remarried after George died, again not sure of the years.  I know that my grandmother has/had brothers and sisters:  I do not know who is exactly George's children.  But here they are listed (not in age range)  William, Roger and Oliver Bagg.  Richard Mitchell.  sisters Aldie Warren, Ruth Simpson, Marlys Swanson and Irene Hansen (these are their married names)  There is one other brother who is a Hatcher, his name was Hubert Hatcher.  Sorry I can't help anymore than this.
      I don't have any census for this family.
      Elizabeth isn't a Bagg, she's a Rientz.  I messed up on that also.  Sorry, I will change that in my post. Thanks
      Tanya

      justgenealogy <tomdebmon@...> wrote:
      Tanya,
      I had a few minutes this evening and tried to lookup something on your George Oren Hatcher, but it hard when you only have a name. Do you know who he married? A birth year, birth place, where he lived, died??? Do you know his children's names. I need more info.
      Who did Elizabeth Bagg marry, birth year, birth place, where did she live, die???
      Which census reports do you already have? Year, County, Twp. etc...
      Deb

      Tanya Newman <tnewman77@...> wrote:
      Sorry, all.  I have done some research.  I do have two census reports from Black Hawk county and in Cedar Falls for the Larsen family.  I do not have anything for the Hatcher family.  I do know that my great grandfather, Carl Larsen's family came from Denmark.  Also, his wife, Elizabeth Rientz's father was from Germany. If you need anything else, I will try to help.  Thanks.

      justgenealogy <tomdebmon@...> wrote:
      Tanya,
      When and where in Iowa did your family live. Have you done census work for this family. It helps to let everyone know what kind of research you have done already, that way we can help look for new information.
      Deb

      Tanya Newman <tnewman77@...> wrote:
      I am researching the lines of Lars Larsen, George Oren Hatcher and the Bagg family including Elizabeth Bagg.  My Larsen family include Carl Nels and Alvin Hans Larsen.  Thank you for any help that anyone can give.

    • justgenealogy