Murren Page taylor and Montgomery Co.

  • Serenity
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2005
      Hi,
      I am researching the Murrens who moved around a lot. I am specifically
      seeking anything on Ara or Arie Murren who was born in 1863 in Ohio but
      was listed on the Page Co. 1880 census as working for a family named SL
      White and legend has it died in 1940 married to a man named William
      Curtis. I have nothing documented after 1885 for her and that was in
      the Taylor Co. census that was done in Iowa that year. She had a
      daughter named Tharza Mildred Murren by a man named John Schorr on
      August 6, 1887. Tharza was also called Hazel. If anyone knows anything
      concerning any of the above, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

      Elaine Stevens
    • Debra Monsive
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2005
        Elaine,

        I found an Arie Murren, age 16, on the 1880 Iowa, Page County Census living in East River in the household of William and Rebecca Murren, along with 7 other children, it lists Arie as being born in Ohio. If you are interested in more detail let me know. I did see the other listing that you mentioned, but I just thought I would let you know about this too.

        Deb

        Serenity <murrenweb@...> wrote:
        Hi,
        I am researching the Murrens who moved around a lot. I am specifically
        seeking anything on Ara or Arie Murren who was born in 1863 in Ohio but
        was listed on the Page Co. 1880 census as working for a family named SL
        White and legend has it died in 1940 married to a man named William
        Curtis. I have nothing documented after 1885 for her and that was in
        the Taylor Co. census that was done in Iowa that year. She had a
        daughter named Tharza Mildred Murren by a man named John Schorr on
        August 6, 1887. Tharza was also called Hazel. If anyone knows anything
        concerning any of the above, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

        Elaine Stevens

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Serenity
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2005
          --- In Iowa_Genealogy_Group@yahoogroups.com, Debra Monsive
          <tomdebmon@y...> wrote:
          > Elaine,
          >
          > I found an Arie Murren, age 16, on the 1880 Iowa, Page County
          Census living in East River in the household of William and Rebecca
          Murren, along with 7 other children, it lists Arie as being born in
          Ohio. If you are interested in more detail let me know. I did see the
          other listing that you mentioned, but I just thought I would let you
          know about this too.

          Thanks Deb,
          I have this information as well = and yes that is the same Arie. She
          was counted twice. I just don't have her after that. I know the
          tragedy of the 1890 census, but if she died in 1940, she should be on
          other census records - but I can't find her anywhere. I find no
          marriage records - nothing. She is said to have had not only GGrandma
          Hazel out of wedlock but also another girl named Lillian whom I have
          never found documentation of at all. I just got the name of a family
          member in New Market and am writing to her today and hopefully will
          get out there before winter to look around for myself = I live in
          Indiana now = and see what I can find and hopefully meet this cousin.
          But the other members of the family that I talked to didn't know
          anything about her - but her parents did move onto St. Francis,
          Kansas and her mother died there. Her father came back to New Market
          Iowa and died there. But, as I said before, she just seems to
          disappear and thus is a most frustrating case. Thanks for your help,
          though. If you see anything else, let me know, please.

          Sincerely,
          Elaine