hi

  • PAUL BARTHELL
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2008
      Hi thanks for letting me join this group my surnames im researching are Barthell, Nierling, baker, page. the main 2 are Barthell and nierling

      thanks!
      paul

    • Norman Wray
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2008
        Welcome, Paul

        What area are you looking at? I'm primarily in Lucas, Wayne, and
        Warren Counties with a bit of dabble in Clarke and Monroe. My primary
        families are Gwinn, Exley & Boston, but, of course, those branch out.

        This site isn't very active. Every now and then someone will try to
        rejuvinate it, but it doesn't last long. I don't know who the
        webmaster is, but I do think there are a few things he could do to help
        the site along.

        P_A_Penn is probably the most active geneology group I belong to. They
        tend to have more info the further east you go out of Iowa, but they're
        always ready to help and they've got a mountain of references
        archived. If you go back through the postings on this site, you'll see
        the occational invitation to P_A_Penn. It looks a lot like spam, but
        it's not.

        Ray

        --- In Iowa_Genealogy_Group@yahoogroups.com, PAUL BARTHELL