112Re: [Iowa_Genealogy_Group] Re: Research Interests

  • justgenealogy
    Oct 15, 2008
      James and Group,

      I several counties in Iowa that I search for more family information they are as follows:

      County: Madison (some before 1860)
      Surnames: Rankin, Schoch, Moore, Hole, Hogg (no it isn't a joke these are the names)

      County: Wayne (on 1856 State Census)
      Surnames: Rankin and McKelvey

      County: Warren (before 1860)
      Surname: Viers and Shook

      County: Clayton (before 1850)
      Surnames: Moore and Sparks

      County: Henry (before 1850)
      Surnames: Hole and Peckover

      County: Jasper (around 1860)
      Surnames: Rankin, Lilley/Lilly, Viers/Viers

      County: Johnson, Cedar, Scott (after 1870)
      Surname: Stiff

      A few of these families migrated to the neighboring counties occassionaly also.

      Debra Stiff Monsive
      Oregon