110Re: Research Interests

  • Norman Wray
    Oct 12, 2008
      Maarten,

      I checked my copy of Early Iowa Marraiges and do not see either last
      name. I tried several spelling variations and both with and without
      the 'van'.

      Cedar Rapids is not a border city, but Duluth is. Duluth MN is a
      sister city with Superior, Wisconsin

      Sorry I couldn't be more help.

      Ray

      --- In Iowa_Genealogy_Group@yahoogroups.com, "Maarten van Bruinessen"
      <van.bruinessen@...> wrote:

      > Jim,
      >

      > There's only one thing I'm looking for and it's difficult to find
      for me is
      > a marriage of two Dutch immigrants, Klaas (Nicholas/Nick) Nauta and
      Johanna
      > Elisabeth (Anna) van Bruinesse.
      >
      > They are supposed to be married in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in the
      beginning of
      > the previous century.
      >
      > Klaas/Nick Nauta arrived in the States in 1893 and Anna in 1903.
      >

      > According to the obituary they were married in Cedar rapids, Linn
      County,
      > Iowa.
      >

      > In the 1910 census they lived in Duluth City, Minnesota and were
      married.

      > After that they moved to Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas where
      they both
      > passed away.
      >
      > Tried to get some info through the iowa department of Public
      Health, but
      > without success.
      >

      > Who can and wants to help me to find this marriage.
      >

      > The only favour I can offer if someone has anchestors in Holland to
      try and
      > find out over here.
      >

      > Hopefully someone can help me.
      >

      > Maarten van Bruinessen