Re: Karl Rove's White House " Murder, Inc."

  • Ric Bensafed
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2004
      Thanks, I am glad you said that as I was wondering what in the
      world was going on. Are we going to look to journalists with their
      biases on their sleeves to tell us how Intelligence analysts are to
      be trained. Maybe, if that's the philosophy of the list, then perhaps
      we had better pull our intellects back and focus only on the History
      of Intelligence and CounterIntelligence. Last month I read William F.
      Buckley's book on "Spies". He was himself a CIA agent briefly before
      he started his magazine National Review. If we don't do this, then
      we're going to get caught up in the "investigative reporting",
      enuendos, rumors, etc. etc. I'm all for rational and intelligent
      discourse, but without the numerous references to the news media and
      their agendas.
      Ric Ben-Safed

      -- In Intelligence_Training@yahoogroups.com, A.J.L.Pode@l... wrote:
      > My apologies for this it was forwarded in error.
      >
      > Group Moderator
      >
      > Quoting petrusbachus <petrusbachus@y...>:
      >

      > > ***Special CONFIRMED Report. ****Assassins; who put Al-Qaeda to
      Shame.
      > > The Number three most powerful man , after Dick Cheney & G.W.
      BUSH .

      > > ALL Ariel Sharon's servants , Thugs & Murderers.
      > >
      > > Karl ROVE & Ariel Sharon banking on their Syrian killers &
      Murderers &
      > > Special Syrian Assassins of Assef Shawkat & Roustom Ghazali
      Working

      http://www.onlinejournal.com/Special_Reports/052104Madsen/052104madsen
      > > .html
      > >

      > > Karl Rove's White House " Murder, Inc."
      > >
      > > By Wayne Madsen .
      > > Online Journal Contributing Writer .
      > >

      > > JULY, 2004- On September 15, 2001, just four days after the 9-11
      > > attacks,
      > > CIA Director George Tenet provided President [sic] Bush with a Top
      > > Secret
      > > "Worldwide Attack Matrix"-a virtual license to kill targets
      deemed to
      > > be a
      > > threat to the United States in some 80 countries around the world.
      > > The Tenet
      > > plan, which was subsequently approved by Bush, essentially
      reversed
      > > the
      > > executive orders of four previous U.S. administrations that
      expressly
      > > prohibited political assassinations.
      > >
      > > According to high level European intelligence officials, Bush's
      > > counselor,
      > > Karl Rove, used the new presidential authority to silence a
      popular
      > > Lebanese
      > > Christian politician who was planning to offer irrefutable
      evidence
      > > that
      > > Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon authorized the massacre of
      > > hundreds of
      > > Palestinian men, women, and children in the Beirut refugee camps
      of
      > > Sabra
      > > and Shatilla in 1982. In addition, Sharon provided the Lebanese
      > > forces who
      > > carried out the grisly task. At the time of the massacres, Elie
      > > Hobeika was
      > > intelligence chief of Lebanese Christian forces in Lebanon who
      were
      > > battling
      > > Palestinians and other Muslim groups in a bloody civil war. He was
      > > also the
      > > chief liaison to Israeli Defense Force (IDF) personnel in
      Lebanon. An
      > > official Israeli inquiry into the massacre at the camps, the Kahan
      > > Commission, merely found Sharon "indirectly" responsible for the
      > > slaughter
      > > and fingered Hobeika as the chief instigator.
      > >
      > > The Kahan Commission never called on Hobeika to offer testimony
      in his
      > > defense. However, in response to charges brought against Sharon
      > > before a
      > > special war crimes court in Belgium, Hobeika was urged to testify
      > > against
      > > Sharon, according to well-informed Lebanese sources. Hobeika was
      > > prepared to
      > > offer a different version of events than what was contained in the
      > > Kahan
      > > report. A 1993 Belgian law permitting human rights prosecutions
      was
      > > unusual
      > > in that non-Belgians could be tried for violations against other
      > > non-Belgians in a Belgian court. Under pressure from the Bush
      > > administration, the law was severely amended and the extra
      > > territoriality
      > > provisions were curtailed.
      > >
      > > Hobeika headed the Lebanese forces intelligence agency since the
      mid-
      > > 1970s
      > > and he soon developed close ties to the CIA. He was a frequent
      > > visitor to
      > > the CIA's headquarters at Langley, Virginia. After the Syrian
      > > invasion of
      > > Lebanon in 1990, Hobeika held a number of cabinet positions in the
      > > Lebanese
      > > government, a proxy for the Syrian occupation authorities. He also
      > > served in
      > > the parliament. In July 2001, Hobeika called a press conference
      and
      > > announced he was prepared to testify against Sharon in Belgium and
      > > revealed
      > > that he had evidence of what actually occurred in Sabra and
      Shatilla.
      > > Hobeika also indicated that Israel had flown members of the South
      > > Lebanon
      > > Army (SLA) into Beirut International Airport in an Israeli Air
      Force
      > > C130
      > > transport plane. In full view of dozens of witnesses, including
      > > members of
      > > the Lebanese army and others, SLA troops under the command of
      Major
      > > Saad
      > > Haddad were slipped into the camps to commit the massacres. The
      SLA
      > > troops
      > > were under the direct command of Ariel Sharon and an Israeli
      Mossad
> [...]
      > > massacres. Hobeika was going to ask that the footage be released
      as
      > > part of
      > > the investigation of Sharon.
      > >
      > > After announcing he was willing to testify against Sharon, Hobeika
      > > became
      > > fearful for his safety and began moves to leave Lebanon. Hobeika
      was
      > > not
      > > aware that his threats to testify against Sharon had triggered a
      > > series of
      > > fateful events that reached well into the White House and Sharon's
      > > office.
      > >
      > > On January 24, 2002, Hobeika's car was blown up by a remote
      > > controlled bomb
      > > placed in a parked Mercedes along a street in the Hazmieh section
      of
      > > Beirut.
      > > The bomb exploded when Hobeika and his three associates, Fares
      > > Souweidan,
      > > Mitri Ajram, and Waleed Zein, were driving their Range Rover past
      the
      > > TNT-laden Mercedes at 9:40 am Beirut time. The Range Rover's four
      > > passengers
      > > were killed in the explosion. In case Hobeika's car had taken
      another
      > > route
      > > through the neighborhood, two additional parked cars, located at
      two
      > > other
      > > choke points, were also rigged with TNT. The powerful bomb
      wounded a
      > > number
      > > of other people on the street. Other parked cars were destroyed
      and
      > > buildings and homes were damaged. The Lebanese president, prime
      > > minister,
      > > and interior minister all claimed that Israeli agents were behind
      the
      > > attack.
      > >
      > > It is noteworthy that the State Department's list of global
      terrorist
      > > incidents for 2002 worldwide failed to list the car bombing
      attack on
      > > Hobeika and his party. The White House wanted to ensure the
      attack was
      > > censored from the report. The reason was simple: the attack
      > > ultimately had
      > > Washington's fingerprints on it.
      > >
      > > High level European intelligence sources now report that Karl Rove
      > > personally coordinated Hobeika's assassination. The hit on Hobeika
      > > employed
      > > Syrian intelligence agents. Syrian President Bashar Assad was
      trying
      > > curry favor with the Bush administration in the aftermath of 9-11
      and
      > > was
      > > more than willing to help the White House. In addition, Assad's
      > > father,
      > > Hafez Assad, had been an ally of Bush's father during Desert
      Storm, a
      > > period
      > > that saw Washington give a "wink and a nod" to Syria's occupation
      of
      > > Lebanon. Rove wanted to help Sharon avoid any political
      embarrassment
      > > from
      > > an in absentia trial in Brussels where Hobeika would be a star
      > > witness. Rove
      > > and Sharon agreed on the plan to use Syrian Military Intelligence
      > > agents to
      > > assassinate Hobeika. Rove saw Sharon as an indispensable ally of
      Bush
      > > in
      > > ensuring the loyalty of the Christian evangelical and Jewish
      voting
      > > blocs in
      > > the United States. Sharon saw the plan to have the United States
      > > coordinate
      > > the hit as a way to mask all connections to Jerusalem.
      > >
      > > The Syrian hit team was ordered by Assef Shawkat, the number two
      man
      > > in
      > > Syrian military intelligence and a good friend and brother in law
      of
      > > Syrian
      > > President Bashar Assad. Assad's intelligence services had already
      > > cooperated
      > > with U.S. intelligence in resorting to unconventional methods to
      > > extract
      > > information from al Qaeda detainees deported to Syria from the
      United
      > > States
      > > and other countries in the wake of 9-11. The order to take out
      > > Hobeika was
      > > transmitted by Shawkat to Roustom Ghazali, the head of Syrian
      military
      > > intelligence in Beirut. Ghazali arranged for the three remote
      > > controlled
      > > cars to be parked along Hobeika's route in Hazmieh; only few
      hundred
      > > yards
      > > from the Barracks of Syrian Special Forces which are stationed in
      the
      > > area
      > > near the Presidential palace , the ministry of Defense and various
      > > Government and officers quarters . This particular area is covered
      > > 24/7 by a
      > > very sophisticated USA multi-agency surveillance system to monitor
      > > Syrian
      > > and Lebanese security activities and is a " Choice " area to live
      in
      > > for its
      > > perceived high security .
      > >
      > > The plan to kill Hobeika had all the necessary caveats and built-
      in
      > > denial
      > > mechanisms. If the Syrians were discovered beforehand or
      afterwards,
      > > Karl
      > > Rove and his associates in the Pentagon's Office of Special Plans
      > > would be
      > > ensured plausible deniability.
      > >
      > > Hobeika's CIA intermediary in Beirut, a man only referred to
      > > as "Jason" by
      > > Hobeika, was a frequent companion of the Lebanese politician
      during
      > > official
      > > and off-duty hours. During Hobeika's election campaigns for his
      > > parliamentary seat, Jason was often in Hobeika's office offering
      > > support and
      > > advice. After Hobeika's assassination, Jason became despondent
      over
      > > the
      > > death of his colleague. Eventually, Jason disappeared abruptly
      from
      > > Lebanon
      > > and reportedly later emerged in Pakistan.
      > >
      > > Karl Rove's involvement in the assassination of Hobeika may not
      have
      > > been
      > > the last "hit" he ordered to help out Sharon. In March 2002, a few
      > > months
      > > after Hobeika's assassination, another Lebanese Christian with
      > > knowledge of
      > > Sharon's involvement in the Sabra and Shatilla massacres was
      gunned
      > > down
      > > along with his wife in Sao Paulo, Brazil. A bullet fired at
      Michael
      > > Nassar's
      > > car flattened one of his tires. Nassar pulled into a gasoline
      station
      > > for
      > > repairs. A professional assassin, firing a gun with a silencer,
      shot
      > > Nassar
      > > and his wife in the head, killing them both instantly. The
      assailant
      > > fled
      > > and was never captured. Nassar was also involved with the Phalange
      > > militia
      > > at Sabra and Shatilla. Nassar was also reportedly willing to
      testify
      > > against
      > > Sharon in Belgium and, as a nephew of SLA Commander General
      Antoine
      > > Lahd,
      > > may have had important evidence to bolster Hobeika's charge that
      > > Sharon
      > > ordered SLA forces into the camps to wipe out the Palestinians.
      > >
      > > Based on what European intelligence claims is concrete
      intelligence on
      > > Rove's involvement in the assassination of Hobeika, the Bush
      > > administration
      > > can now add political assassination to its laundry list of other
      > > misdeeds,
      > > from lying about the reasons to go to war to the torture tactics
      in
      > > violation of the Geneva Conventions that have been employed by the
      > > Pentagon
      > > and "third country" nationals at prisons in Iraq and Guantanamo
      Bay.

      > > Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist
      and
      > > columnist. He served in the National Security Agency (NSA) during
      the
      > > Reagan
      > > administration and wrote the introduction to Forbidden Truth. He
      is
      > > the
      > > co-author, with John Stanton, of "America's Nightmare: The
      Presidency