Save the Cat

  • Raymond E. Foster
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2011

      As a writer I am sometimes asked questions about the process of writing.  I do my share of asking, also.  Recently, I participated in the filming of an episode of Killer Minds hosted by best-selling author Marcus Sakey.  I spent a couple of hours with him and grilled him on his storytelling.  One of the best tidbits I took out of the conversation was the book Save the Cat.  Marcus highly recommended as the best explanation of the Three Act Structure.  I have learned more in this book than ANY other I have read.   While author focuses on writing screen plays, the information is easily transferable to novels, etc.  With nine non-fiction books to my credit, it's time to take a crack at  a different kind of storytelling.

      I am now passing the recommendation to you; if you want to write, get Save the Cat.

      http://www.amazon.com/dp/1932907009?tag=raymonefoster-20&camp=213761&creative=393545&linkCode=bpl&creativeASIN=1932907009&adid=08GYQ0YQKXNFV4JVBY5R&