new IRVsurveys.com, how to help in VA?

  • leesandw
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011
      1: With lots of help, we finally have a free IRV "survey" site with the some features to make it easier to use so that more people will vote in multiple surveys than then they at the original Demochoice site.
      IRVsurveys has a few other urls, so we will start distributing the "tryirv.us" T-shirts again.
      We are about to start promoting these surveys a lot more, so it is a great time to help by creating a new survey and posting it to social networks. Your survey will show up in more searches if you also share the main link http://IRVsurveys.com
      Is there any IRV promotion happening in Virginia? A good friend just moved back to Lynchburg and maybe can help.

      My impression lately is that a good strategy now to make IRV a national issue in 2012 is to focus on cities that have already modernized to IRV. Besides passing resolutions and letters praising IRV, councils should also ask for better voting equipment that can rank all candidates if only three are allowed now as in SF and Oakland.
      ie. the campaign we are about to start for this in SF is at http://irvsf.org We could use programming help making pages for other cities that are using IRV this year but only allow three rankings.
      More links can be submitted at the IRV forum http://4irv.org because I want to edit the list soon.
      -sand