gov contest ideal for IRV progress

  • leesandw
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2009
      I wish I was in Virginia.

      It will be relatively easy for any virginia activist to get national attention to IRV by pushing the candidates now.

      Because NY and NJ also have special elections of unusual circumstances, this will make it so much each to get nation publicity (in the NYT) for the advantages of ranked voting elections.

      Y'all there in New Jersey may not witness it, but the NYT is one of the most read papers even in Berkeley. But they hardly give us any news coverage. There was a story about how great SF IRV was some years ago, but other than that the NYT has ignored IRV, and many thousands have died in non-IRV nations since then.

      You can help so much by emailing a letter to your local paper or the NYT asking them to consider or recommend IRV elections everywhere. We can ask for constitutional amendments to guarantee voters a ranked ballot so they can be counted even when our first choice does not win.
      jjj.4irv.com (Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr's op-ed)