When is the Virginia legislature in session?

  • instantrunoff
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2002
      Hi all,

      I know Virginia has the odd-year elections, but when is the
      legislature in session?

      Also, keep your eye on Alaska: they are voting on instant runoff
      voting for all federal offices August 27th. The campaign website is
      www.AlaskansForVotersRights.com and to donate, click here
      https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=instantrunoff%40yahoo.com

      Best,
      DJW
      Dan Johnson-Weinberger
      Center for Voting and Democracy
      www.fairvote.org
    • William Redpath
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2002
        To the best of my knowledge, the VA legislature is in session early January
        through early April in even numbered years and early January through early
        March in odd numbered years. Bill Redpath

        > I know Virginia has the odd-year elections, but when is the
        > legislature in session?
        >
        > Also, keep your eye on Alaska: they are voting on instant runoff
        > voting for all federal offices August 27th. The campaign website is
        > www.AlaskansForVotersRights.com and to donate, click here
        > https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=instantrunoff%40yahoo.com
        >
        > Best,
        > DJW
        > Dan Johnson-Weinberger
        > Center for Voting and Democracy
        > www.fairvote.org

      • Harry Landers
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2002
          If you need any more precision, the next session convenes on January 8,
          2003.

          Harry Landers

          To the best of my knowledge, the VA legislature is in session early January
          through early April in even numbered years and early January through early
          March in odd numbered years. Bill Redpath

          > I know Virginia has the odd-year elections, but when is the
          > legislature in session?
          >
          > Also, keep your eye on Alaska: they are voting on instant runoff
          > voting for all federal offices August 27th. The campaign website is
          > www.AlaskansForVotersRights.com and to donate, click here
          > https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=instantrunoff%40yahoo.com
          >
          > Best,
          > DJW
          > Dan Johnson-Weinberger
          > Center for Voting and Democracy
          > www.fairvote.org

        • William Redpath
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2002
            Do be advised that bills usually need to be submitted sometime in the fourth
            quarter of the previous year.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/