Action in Virginia

  • Mike Ogilvie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2001
      Hey.

      I just joined this eGroup today.

      What activities have been going on around Virginia for Instant Runoff?

      Mike Ogilvie
      Richmond, Virginia
    • William Redpath
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2001
        Check this website: http://www.redpath2001.com I could use volunteers for
        my gubernatorial campaign this year in Virginia. Thanks, Bill Redpath
        > What activities have been going on around Virginia for Instant Runoff?
        >
        > Mike Ogilvie
        > Richmond, Virginia

      • Daniel M. Laenker
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2001
          --- William Redpath <wredpath@...> wrote:
          > Check this website: http://www.redpath2001.com I could use volunteers for
          > my gubernatorial campaign this year in Virginia. Thanks, Bill Redpath

          Wow, fancy seeing you on this group.

          I'm generally sympathetic to libertarian causes, and I plan to vote for Reams this
          fall. I like the fact that you seem concerned, for one, with proportional
          representation. However, I'm kind of hung up on transportation.

          A few issues I'm interested in are congestion pricing (I'm convinced that rail is in
          such bad shape and traffic is terrible because we're standing in a mile-long bread
          line for a falsely "free" roadway), monorail (as a mass transit system that can be
          operated privately or without a tax hike), replacing zoning guidelines with
          voluntary tax credits based on New Urbanist development strategies, and ending the
          Dillon Rule so that cities can determine their own paths. Do any of those interest
          you as transportation issues to stump on?

          =====
          /=======WORLDBUILDER, ET AL | "My parents always tell me to
          |JDH/DML| |make my life an example of the
          \=======dmlaenker@... |principles I believe in, but
          http://www.fairvote.org - THE|every time I do, they tell me
          CENTER FOR VOTING & DEMOCRACY\_to stop it. - Calvin & Hobbes
          Monorail Option Network of Southeastern Virginia - MONSEVA
          http://monorail.homestead.com/index.html - WHY NOT MONORAIL?

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • William Redpath
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2001
            Dear Mr. Laenker: Please see "Transportation" under "Issues" on my website
            re: congestion pricing. Monorail is fine if private, but I've got doubts it
            would be built. I am ignorant re: your zoning proposal. I would probably
            repeal the Dillon Rule. Bill Redpath