No activity in last 7 days
Aren't you sick of 'spoiler' candidates? Aren't you tired of people winning elections for president and governor when most people voted for other people? Well, here is your chance to do something about it. We're working to implement instant runoff voting for all single-seat races in the state, from president to dogcatcher. If we have our way, voters would get to rank candidates (1, 2, 3), and if no one gets more than 50% of the first-choice votes, then we have an instant runoff. Knock off the loser, and then count the second-choice votes of the people who voted for the loser (just like a runoff election). Then when someone earns a majority, they win. No more wasted votes and no more spoilers. Join the list and our good-government movement.
- North Carolina
- Aug 14, 2001
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.