CIRV-MT paperwork filed

  • John Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2002
      Hi
      The C-2 paperwork is officially filed for a ballot issue committee named
      "Citizens for Instant Runoff Voting - Montana".
      Purpose: "To support voting reforms in the state of Montana that improve
      civic discourse, reduce negative campaigning, and increase voter turnout by
      allowing voters to rank their preferences."

      I wrote "US Bank" in Missoula for the committee account, but it turns out
      that I can't actually open the account without confirmation paperwork from
      the state. That's what Kim told me, anyway...

      Matt, Elizabeth, and Scott are directors. I am the treasurer. It uses my
      address: 26928 River Run Road, Huson MT 59846. No deputy treasurers are
      identified but we can add them later.

      After the paperwork comes back from the state, I will set up the bank
      account and donate $50 to set up a Missoula phone number, likely the voice
      mailbox. I believe it costs $6 or $12 per month.
      Thanks
      JQ