Status of Initiative

  • matthewsinger@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2001
      I talked to my dad yesterday and he's currently forwarding LSD's
      analysis of the initiative to me. From the sound of it, with a few
      minor revisions, it'll be ready to be sent to the Secretary of State's
      office.

      At this point, the only real threat to getting approval is if the
      Attorney General rules that IRV violates the Montana Constitution's
      clause that the person with the most votes wins. If that happens, we
      would need to mount a court challenge, but that is probably beyond our
      means.

      If the Atty General goes along, however, then we're looking at a
      petition drive.

      As soon as I get LSD's comments, I'll upload a summary and I'll also
      post the revised initiative.

      peace,
      matt singer
    • matthewsinger@hotmail.com