RE: [InstantRunoffMO] state bills in 2010

  • Mark Haim
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hello Eric & all,

      Thanks, Eric, for working to move this forward. I hope a senator can be found to sponsor.

      Our senator here in Columbia/Boone County is Kurt Schaefer. He's a Republican, but I think it would be better to look to others first, as he alienated much of the GOP leadership last session, by behaving in a less than courteous fashion toward a fellow, and senior, Republican senator during the CWIP debate.

      Moreover, as I was on the other side of the CWIP issue from him, it folks did want to approach him, it would probably be better to get someone other than me to do it. This said, if no one better can be found, consider me a back up to talk with Kurt.

      Also, once a bill is filed, I would be happy to raise the issue with all three of Columbia's state reps.

      Good luck with this,
      Mark Haim