Alfie

  • Phoebe Love
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2003
      Hi,

      This is Alfie [see attached picture], I need to find a
      good home for him, because my home is a bad home,
      because my first cat, Carlo, is not getting along with
      him at all after a month, and Alfie is lonely and sad.
      I know because the few times Carlo has escaped because
      someone let him out, for that half hour or 20 minutes
      or whatever, Alfie suddenly gets happy and
      affectionate. Alfie needs a Carlo-free house.

      I'm sending this to everyone in my Yahoo address book
      because a] it's too much trouble to make a targeted
      list and b] even if you have cats, hate cats, are
      allergic to cats, maybe you know someone who isn't.

      As a special bonus for your patience/victimization by
      me in this way, I am offering to email those who ask
      for it a picture of Alfie shaved. I am getting him
      shaved on Tuesday, because his coat has these tangles
      I can't comb out or cut out. He came to me that way,
      but I hope to keep him knotless by regular brushing
      after this. Anyway, whatever your situation, a shaved
      cat - except for head and paws - is a sight you don't
      want to miss. I saw it before, in 1983.

      More about Alfie:
      He's 5 years old, neutered, and his front paws have
      been declawed [came to me that way]. He's sweet
      natured and loves to sit in your lap and be petted,
      and also sleep with you. He's beautiful and soft, as
      you can see. I'm told he gets along with dogs. And
      cats that aren't neurotic like Carlo. I got him
      because Carlo needed a friend, and Alfie [who came to
      me named Toxi, but I changed it to Alfie because Toxi
      is short for Toxoplasmosis, a cat disease, and it
      creeped me out, sorry] needed a home. I'm not going to
      lie and say that I'm going to send him to the Humane
      Society to possibly die if nobody takes him, but he
      should have a better home than this. He could be happy
      and he's not.

      Thank you for your patience,
      Phoebe