hmm

  • edwardtjbrown@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
      Hello

      I was wondering what is the status on allowing MN cities to use IRV?
      A bill was introduced in 2003, but was blocked due to lobbying of pro-
      life interest groups. Will the DFL gain in the House help this along?

      I am also looking for other DFL who are interested in campaign law
      reform issues.
    • Tony Solgård
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004

        The 107 home rule cities can adopt IRV or another voting method of their choice. The focus for this legislative session must be on changing the voting equipment certification requirements so new equipment to be purchased with the Help America Vote Act funds will support ranked and cumulative ballots. There is lots of information on both these subjects at the FairVote Minnesota website.

        Tony Solgård, President

        FairVote Minnesota

        http://www.fairvotemn.org

        I was wondering what is the status on allowing MN cities to use IRV?
        A bill was introduced in 2003, but was blocked due to lobbying of pro-
        life interest groups.  Will the DFL gain in the House help this along?

        I am also looking for other DFL who are interested in campaign law
        reform issues.

        To review message archives and other features, visit: