Re: [InstantRunoffMN] SF629 introduced today

  • BK and Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      IRV supporters:

      An IRV bill drafted by Fairvote Minnesota will be introduced today in the
      Senate. It is SF 629. You can click on the link below to go to the
      Minnesota Legislature site to get more information. Or you can click on
      groups.Yahoo.com to get a link to the bill and other IRV links as well.

      Also on the Yahoogroups site: Files which contain more info on IRV and
      T-shirt designs. Check it out!

      We are hoping to have a hearing in the Senate. However, the House is a
      greater challenge. We are working on getting House authors for the
      companion to SF 629. The leader of the Government Operations Committee,
      Jim Rhodes, does not want to deal with IRV this session and is offering
      to have a hearing on IRV in the summer.

      Our short term goal is to get language passed this year to guarantee that
      any city that wants to adopt IRV can do so. Also, that any new voting
      equipment purchased in Minnesota have IRV capability.

      We may need help in the ensuing weeks. We will keep you posted.

      Bruce Kennedy

      http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/getbill.pl?version=latest&sess
      ion=ls83&number=S629

      Only $9.95 per month!