IRV in California

  • Lahi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2011
    • Blair Bobier
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2011
        The author of the article has presented a very one-sided analysis of IRV.  I was in the Bay Area and actively involved with the implementation of IRV there.  Oakland used IRV and elected their first female and Asian-American mayor.  IRV has worked well in San Francisco for many elections and it is now being used in Oakland, Berkeley, San Leandro (another East Bay city) and Minneapolis.  North Carolina just used it to elect judges.  Memphis will begin using it next year.  Australia has used IRV for years; so has Ireland.

        I would be very wary of any information about IRV coming from Lance Williams or California Watch.

        Blair Bobier

        To: InstantRunoffHI@yahoogroups.com
        From: lahicindy@...
        Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 01:31:37 +0000