Hawaii IRV Bills

  • erikrconnell
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
      Does anyone have any information about the following two bills, which
      have been introduced in the Hawaii House and Senate, respectively:

      HB 1410 Regular Session Pending

      Subcategories: | Instant Run-Off | Task Forces/Study
      Commissions/Interim Committees |

      Mandates report to the legislature by the 2010 regular session.

      SB 670 Regular Session Pending

      Subcategories: | Instant Run-Off |

      which no primary election is held. Defines "instant runoff method".
      Provides for method of voting, counting votes, and certifying results
      using the instant runoff method.
    • Heather Bolan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2009
        Erik,

        SB 670 is the same bill Senator Ihara has introduced over the last several years. We will be trying to get a public hearing by the Senate Judiciary and Government Operations committee.

        Heather Bolan, Office Manager
        Senator Les Ihara, Jr.
        ph: 586-6250 fax: 586-6251

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2009
          Heather,

          Thank you for your reply, and for your good work. Please let me know
          if FairVote can be of assistance: erik@...

          Erik Connell
          FairVote Analyst