Why McCain Supported "IRV"

  • zoezidbeck
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2002
      Speed {Dating} Politics & the PreferentialBallotPartyDotOrg
      "Gotta Be In Somebody's Interest"

      Speed {Dating} Politics & the Preferential Ballot Party Dot Org Are
      The Paths To Total Instant Subtlefaction, TOP DEAD CENTER, Can't
      Lose, Gotta Be In Somebody's Interest, all Justice & all Freed-um AND
      all Security giving, PREFERENTIALITY Everywhere, No Matter What The
      Higher Powers Do To Try & Always Pull The Ladder Up Just Out Of
      Reach. (Please respond if you'd like to be put in the yahoo group
      (or not)). Help break the logjam. The longest journey is begun with
      a single step. You can't get there from here. The condition for
      change cannot be having to have everything your way or you'll take
      your ball & go home.
      Organized Communications, aka Speed {Dating} Politics (OC), randomly
      assigned discussion groups electing reps to higher & higher levels by
      preferential ballot, inevitably giving the nod to who is sure to get
      the next presidency, is an answer to the threat of the powers-that-be
      pulling the ladder always just out of reach of third parties.
      The Preferential Ballot Party Dot Org (PBP) is the only possibly
      pertinent single-issue party. It's sole unchangeable plank & bylaw
      is preferentiality in all things.
      Everyone has heard of speed dating, & OC is similar, except adapted
      to the area of politics. We will work for & plan to organize, etc,
      et al, OC (& eventually run PBP candidates) for the purpose of
      fostering genuine communication & resolution of more relevant issues
      than who is worse, eventually choosing the top group (equal
      approximately to the number of levels as well as the original number
      of members of the first tier's groups) representing the exact middle
      of everyone who chose to participate, eventually replacing all other
      political discourse & organization, achieving all-satisfying total
      subtlefaction, where the dreams of all mankind are fulfilled, though
      not necessarily in the form they had imagined. Perhaps slightly
      larger groups & fewer levels would work since there are only three
      general areas: social, economic & political policies & three general
      directions: forward, back & stay the course, for a product of nine.
      Noone in the world would possibly want to be left out. Old world,
      derivative, elitist, group-focused-instead-of-individual-focused,
      proportionality will not work here. It would not be necessary even
      that the computer be used to do the difficult task of selecting the
      groups, only a lottery machine.
      Preferentiality is the solution to the totality of ALL the world's
      ills. All human evil is due to the out of phase fluctuations of
      population & food supply, from the first time the first hunter
      remembered the first fight over stray injured game in the first bad
      year. Noone alive is responsible for the situation we all find
      ourselves in, excepting perhaps what they do in response to this.
      Who pushed who over in the kiddie pool will just have to do. The
      fiercer the history of the planet, the sooner it will have arrived at
      a state of ethnic homogeneity, the sooner it will have been blessed
      out by true democracy. Polling indicates that the American people
      are much fairer & more imaginative than our present outcome, & way
      more deserving, for instance, than of a health plan that was not co-
      op, but rather (Permanent-) State (-Of-Emergency) -ist.
      In Israel it would allow the nation to have a weather eye on its self-
      defense without having to cave in to the religionist extremists, &
      the same among the Arabs, & thereby inevitably end all excuse for all
      governments to keep arms, which will take the one third [?] of the
      world production used for militarism & pass it from dead-end non-
      productive arms making to actually useful true investment. Were both
      Israel & the "Palestinians" only compelled to adopt preferentiality
      in the selection of their foreign policy chiefs, the [religious{!}]
      extremes would be eliminated on both sides, peace in the region would
      be assured, terrorism would lose it's apparent true raison d'etre,
      there would be no need for any governments to maintain standing
      armies, all that money being poured down the drain would be put to
      actual productive use & Democracy, Peace, Freed-um & Prosperity would
      reign over the affairs of humankind, but oh no, we can't do that
      because we don't have it here.
      In the US it will make the Pro-Lifers irrelevant, freeing the
      Republicans from thralldom to the Christian Literalists. There is no
      more important issue than women's control over their own bodies,
      while no outcome amounts to anything so long as that does not obtain;
      overpopulation will just eat up any gains otherwise made.
      In the world in general it would allow the common man to overcome all
      the scheming patriarchical feudalisms pitting against the other. And
      if people work hardest when they work for themselves, it will ensure
      that the maximum number of people possible do so. It will result in
      bills being brought to the floor of the legislatures according to the
      number of sponsors they have & not the whims of leaders, but it will
      not ever result in anything resembling kowtows to the instant runoff
      while eyeing Statehood for the District of Columbia, but rather
      organic, human scale bioregionalism. Also, it will result in the end
      of the Freed-um destroying Police-Industrial-State DrugWar.
      It will also in every case result in the market-based solution being
      instantaneously offered for every social program inevitably to be
      suggested from the left. Between the endings of militarism & the drug
      war &freeing the people's productive capacities it will result in
      enough wealth for making┬ľup & payback clean to the Cro Magnons.
      Perhaps, it will even lead to true justice: the once & future great
      committee in the sky of, proportionally one male & female of each of
      the three consenting age groups of literate, householder & elder, of
      each of the four tribes of man, African, Oriental, Desert (Semitic) &
      Nordic, & of each of the three body types of jungle, mountain &
      plainsmen, or random, chosen-at-birth, advisory, publicized, lifetime
      sinecures, who will be feted all their lives & sought after for
      wisdom & guidance like democracy's answers to the Dalai Lama (may he
      rest in peace).
      Surely, it will result in the elimination of the unconvincing
      extremes of politics (unless they can win by argument what now
      attempt to take by gangsterism, with howsoever smiling a face), the
      selection of candidates more exactly in the middle, the settling of
      more questions at a time than who's worse, & total instantaneous
      subtlefaction & the fulfillment of everyone' most heartfelt dreams
      even if not necessarily in the form they had imagined. If you're
      paranoid, even though how one could be afraid to be top dead center,
      start your own; or join the PreferentialBallotPartyDotOrg. Form a
      green, or democratic, or republican, or libertarian preferential
      caucus. Seize the Day! Do not think that we will wait forever. Well,
      we want our freed-um! All powers to their lowest most appropriate
      level.
      "Zoe" & "Morgan" & "Sydney" Tue Mar 5, 2002 6:26 pm, v9/30/2002
      12:14:53 PM
      organizedcommunications@..., www.preferentialballotparty.org

      --- In InstantRunoffHI@y..., "Dan Johnson-Weinberger"