Preferentiality

  • zoezidbeck
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2002
      PREFERENTIALITY: Breaking the Logjam

      This Is The Path To Instant Subtlefaction, TOP DEAD CENTER, Can't
      Lose, Gotta Be In Somebody's Interest, all Justice AND all Freed-um
      AND all Security giving, PREFERENTIAL BALLOT Everywhere, No Matter
      What The Higher Powers Do To Try & Always Pull The Ladder Up Just Out
      Of Reach, by way of:

      The Preferential Ballot Party &/or Organized Communications aka Speed
      [Dating] Politics

      You are invited to both the Preferential ballot Party & Organized
      Communications, which is a first thought fallback position & redoubt,
      just in case the powers try to stuff preferentiality. Please respond
      if you'd like to be put in the yahoo group (or not). Break the
      logjam. The longest journey is begun with a single step. You can't
      get there from here. The condition for change cannot be having to
      have everything your way.

      The PreferentialBallotParty, (PbP) is a single issue party whose sole
      plank & bylaw is preferentiality in all things.

      Organized Communications (Org'dC's) is the fallback position. I'm
      sure you've all heard of speed dating, & this is similar, except
      adapted to the area of politics. We will work for & plan to
      organize, etc, et al, Preferential Hierarchical (i.e.: representative
      choosing) Temporary Randomly Assigned Discussion Groups for the
      purpose of fostering genuine communication & resolution of relevant
      issues by means of small randomly chosen groups to discuss & allow
      full expression by each, eventually choosing their group
      representative to the next level by secret preferential ballot, who
      would in turn repeat the process forming yet higher groups which
      would in turn do the same until there was just one group left (equal
      to the number of levels as well as the original number of members of
      the first tier's groups) presumably representing the exact middle of
      everyone who chose to participate, eventually & necessarily replacing
      all other political discourse & organization, achieving all-
      satisfying total subtlefaction, where the dreams of all mankind are
      fulfilled, though not necessarily in the form they had imagined. I
      imagine one cycle per political season. Perhaps we would want to have
      slightly larger groups & fewer levels since there are three general
      areas: social, economic & political policy & three general
      directions: forward, back & stay the course, for a product of nine.
      (((The number in the group to the power of the number in the group
      would equal the total number of individuals in the universe of
      members.))) Noone in the universe would possibly want to be left
      out. Groups, as appropriate to politics, would have much more time
      to better get to know each other. Old world, derivative, elitist,
      group-focused instead of individual-focused, proportionality will not
      work here. It would not be necessary that all this communing take
      place by computer. Nor face-to-face either, for that matter, possibly
      not even that the computer be used to do the difficult task of
      selecting the groups. Unless one might think that any kind of
      Complete Democracy would not produce the same in the twin of an eye,
      as apparently is the case, closer to the collectivist heartland.
      Preferentiality is the solution to all the world's ills. All human
      evil is due to the out of phase fluctuations of population & food
      supply, from the first time the first hunter remembered the first
      fight over stray injured game in the first bad year. Noone alive is
      responsible for the situation they find themselves in, excepting
      perhaps what they do in response to this invitation. Polling
      indicates that the American people are much more fair & moderate than
      our present outcome, in the best sense, & way more deserving, for
      instance, than of a health planner that was not creative enough to be
      co-op, (but rather Sexy had to try peddle to the metal first thing
      right out of the gate & die aborning). In Israel it would allow the
      nation to have a weather eye on its self-defense without having to
      cave in to the religionist extremists, & the same among the Arabs, &
      thereby end all excuse for all governments to keep arms, which will
      take one third of the world production & pass it from dead end non-
      productive arms making to actually useful true investment. In the US
      it will make the Pro-Lifers irrelevant. & there is no more important
      issue than women's total control over their own bodies. It is the
      sine qua non. No outcome amounts to anything so long as it does not
      obtain. Overpopulation will just eat up any gains otherwise made.
      In the world in general it would allow the common man to overcome all
      the scheming patriarchical feudalisms pitting each against the other.
      But it will not ever result in anything resembling kowtows to the
      instant runoff while eyeing Statehood for the District of Columbia,
      but rather organic, human scale bioregionalism. Also, it will result
      in the end of the Freed-um destroying Police-Industrial-State Drug
      (Civil) War. It will also result in a market-based solution being
      instantaneously offered for every social program inevitably to be
      suggested from the left. Perhaps, it will lead to true justice: the
      once & future great committee in the sky of, proportionally one male
      & female of each of the three consenting age groups of literate,
      householder & elder, of each of the four tribes of man, African,
      Oriental, Desert & Nordic, & of each of the three body types of
      jungle, mountain & plains. Or random, chosen-at-birth, advisory,
      publicized, lifetime sinecures, who will be feted all their lives &
      sought after for wisdom & guidance like democracy's answers to the
      Dalai Lama (may he rest in peace). Surely, it will result in the
      elimination of the unconvincing extremes of politics (unless they can
      win by argument what now the take by gangsterism), the selection of
      candidates more exactly in the middle, the settling of more questions
      at a time than who's worse, & total instantaneous subtlefaction & the
      fulfillment of everyone' most heartfelt dreams. If you're paranoid,
      though how one could be afraid to be top dead center is implausible
      as can be, start your own. Or goto FairVote.org. Or join the
      Preferential Party, who's only plank & bylaw is preferentiality.
      Form a green or dem or rep or libertarian preferential caucus. Seize
      the Day! Do not think that we will wait forever. Well, we want our
      freed-um!
      "Zoe"
      organizedcommunications@...
      TruPreferentiality@...
      www.PreferentialBallotParty.org
      Tue Mar 5, 2002 6:26 pm
    • Dan Johnson-Weinberger
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2002
        Well, at least it is a reminder to see what we can do in Georgia
        to implement instant runoff voting.

        Check with your city council. Lots of them can implement IRV on
        their own, without a change in state law.

        Can you ask your elections official if the new touch screen
        equipment can handle ranked ballots?

        Please do report any news to this list.

        Thanks,
        Dan

        =====
        Dan Johnson-Weinberger
        National Field Director, Center for Voting and Democracy
        312.933.4890 (mobile); djw@...
        www.fairvote.org www.instantrunoff.com
        Voice for all in legislatures by proportional representation
        Majority rule and an end to spoiler candidacies by instant runoff voting for executives

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • zoezidbeck
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
          Wheel spinnin fot draggin standin inthe doorway spammed:

          New & improved version:

          Speed {Dating} Politics & the PreferentialBallotPartyDotOrg
          "Gotta Be In Somebody's Interest"

          Speed {Dating} Politics & the Preferential Ballot Party Dot Org Are
          The Paths To Total Instant Subtlefaction, TOP DEAD CENTER, Can't
          Lose, Gotta Be In Somebody's Interest, all Justice & all Freed-um AND
          all Security giving, PREFERENTIALITY Everywhere, No Matter What The
          Higher Powers Do To Try & Always Pull The Ladder Up Just Out Of
          Reach. (Please respond if you'd like to be put in the yahoo group
          (or not)). Help break the logjam. The longest journey is begun with
          a single step. You can't get there from here. The condition for
          change cannot be having to have everything your way or you'll take
          your ball & go home.
          Organized Communications, aka Speed {Dating} Politics (OC), randomly
          assigned discussion groups electing reps to higher & higher levels by
          preferential ballot, inevitably giving the nod to who is sure to get
          the next presidency, is an answer to the threat of the powers-that-be
          pulling the ladder always just out of reach of third parties.
          The Preferential Ballot Party Dot Org (PBP) is the only possibly
          pertinent single-issue party. It's sole unchangeable plank & bylaw
          is preferentiality in all things.
          Everyone has heard of speed dating, & OC is similar, except adapted
          to the area of politics. We will work for & plan to organize, etc,
          et al, OC (& eventually run PBP candidates) for the purpose of
          fostering genuine communication & resolution of more relevant issues
          than who is worse, eventually choosing the top group (equal
          approximately to the number of levels as well as the original number
          of members of the first tier's groups) representing the exact middle
          of everyone who chose to participate, eventually replacing all other
          political discourse & organization, achieving all-satisfying total
          subtlefaction, where the dreams of all mankind are fulfilled, though
          not necessarily in the form they had imagined. Perhaps slightly
          larger groups & fewer levels would work since there are only three
          general areas: social, economic & political policies & three general
          directions: forward, back & stay the course, for a product of nine.
          Noone in the world would possibly want to be left out. Old world,
          derivative, elitist, group-focused-instead-of-individual-focused,
          proportionality will not work here. It would not be necessary even
          that the computer be used to do the difficult task of selecting the
          groups, only a lottery machine.
          Preferentiality is the solution to the totality of ALL the world's
          ills. All human evil is due to the out of phase fluctuations of
          population & food supply, from the first time the first hunter
          remembered the first fight over stray injured game in the first bad
          year. Noone alive is responsible for the situation we all find
          ourselves in, excepting perhaps what they do in response to this.
          Who pushed who over in the kiddie pool will just have to do. The
          fiercer the history of the planet, the sooner it will have arrived at
          a state of ethnic homogeneity, the sooner it will have been blessed
          out by true democracy. Polling indicates that the American people
          are much fairer & more imaginative than our present outcome, & way
          more deserving, for instance, than of a health plan that was not co-
          op, but rather (Permanent-) State (-Of-Emergency) -ist.
          In Israel it would allow the nation to have a weather eye on its self-
          defense without having to cave in to the religionist extremists, &
          the same among the Arabs, & thereby inevitably end all excuse for all
          governments to keep arms, which will take the one third [?] of the
          world production used for militarism & pass it from dead-end non-
          productive arms making to actually useful true investment. Were both
          Israel & the "Palestinians" only compelled to adopt preferentiality
          in the selection of their foreign policy chiefs, the [religious{!}]
          extremes would be eliminated on both sides, peace in the region would
          be assured, terrorism would lose it's apparent true raison d'etre,
          there would be no need for any governments to maintain standing
          armies, all that money being poured down the drain would be put to
          actual productive use & Democracy, Peace, Freed-um & Prosperity would
          reign over the affairs of humankind, but oh no, we can't do that
          because we don't have it here.
          In the US it will make the Pro-Lifers irrelevant, freeing the
          Republicans from thralldom to the Christian Literalists. There is no
          more important issue than women's control over their own bodies,
          while no outcome amounts to anything so long as that does not obtain;
          overpopulation will just eat up any gains otherwise made.
          In the world in general it would allow the common man to overcome all
          the scheming patriarchical feudalisms pitting against the other. And
          if people work hardest when they work for themselves, it will ensure
          that the maximum number of people possible do so. It will result in
          bills being brought to the floor of the legislatures according to the
          number of sponsors they have & not the whims of leaders, but it will
          not ever result in anything resembling kowtows to the instant runoff
          while eyeing Statehood for the District of Columbia, but rather
          organic, human scale bioregionalism. Also, it will result in the end
          of the Freed-um destroying Police-Industrial-State DrugWar.
          It will also in every case result in the market-based solution being
          instantaneously offered for every social program inevitably to be
          suggested from the left. Between the endings of militarism & the drug
          war &freeing the people's productive capacities it will result in
          enough wealth for making┬ľup & payback clean to the Cro Magnons.
          Perhaps, it will even lead to true justice: the once & future great
          committee in the sky of, proportionally one male & female of each of
          the three consenting age groups of literate, householder & elder, of
          each of the four tribes of man, African, Oriental, Desert (Semitic) &
          Nordic, & of each of the three body types of jungle, mountain &
          plainsmen, or random, chosen-at-birth, advisory, publicized, lifetime
          sinecures, who will be feted all their lives & sought after for
          wisdom & guidance like democracy's answers to the Dalai Lama (may he
          rest in peace).
          Surely, it will result in the elimination of the unconvincing
          extremes of politics (unless they can win by argument what now
          attempt to take by gangsterism, with howsoever smiling a face), the
          selection of candidates more exactly in the middle, the settling of
          more questions at a time than who's worse, & total instantaneous
          subtlefaction & the fulfillment of everyone' most heartfelt dreams
          even if not necessarily in the form they had imagined. If you're
          paranoid, even though how one could be afraid to be top dead center,
          start your own; or join the PreferentialBallotPartyDotOrg. Form a
          green, or democratic, or republican, or libertarian preferential
          caucus. Seize the Day! Do not think that we will wait forever. Well,
          we want our freed-um! All powers to their lowest most appropriate
          level.
          "Zoe" & "Morgan" & "Sydney" Tue Mar 5, 2002 6:26 pm, v9/30/2002
          12:14:53 PM
          organizedcommunications@..., www.preferentialballotparty.org

          --- In InstantRunoffGA@y..., Dan Johnson-Weinberger