Spammer is gone; leadership in Georgia needed

  • Dan Johnson-Weinberger
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      I've removed zoezidbeck from this list (whoever s/he is) and have
      changed our settings to moderate new members, so hopefully that won't
      happen again.

      Would someone be willing to be the moderater for this list?

      Perhaps we should introduce ourselves to try to get a group together
      in Georgia to push for instant runoff voting in the state legislature
      and in some municipalities (especially those that use a regular
      runoff election now).

      I'm Dan Johnson-Weinberger. I'm with the Center for Voting and
      Democracy (www.fairvote.org). I'm based out of Chicago. I think
      Georgia is a good state for instant runoff voting because of the
      brand new touch screens that are coming for this November election.

      DJW
      Dan Johnson-Weinberger
      Center for Voting and Democracy
      djw@...
      312.587.7060
    • John Huie
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        Dan, how many people are on the listserv?
        John Huie / Athens, GA

        > I've removed zoezidbeck from this list (whoever s/he is) and have
        > changed our settings to moderate new members, so hopefully that won't
        > happen again.
        >
        > Would someone be willing to be the moderater for this list?
        >
        > Perhaps we should introduce ourselves to try to get a group together
        > in Georgia to push for instant runoff voting in the state legislature
        > and in some municipalities (especially those that use a regular
        > runoff election now).
        >
        > I'm Dan Johnson-Weinberger. I'm with the Center for Voting and
        > Democracy (www.fairvote.org). I'm based out of Chicago. I think
        > Georgia is a good state for instant runoff voting because of the
        > brand new touch screens that are coming for this November election.
        >
        > DJW
        > Dan Johnson-Weinberger
        > Center for Voting and Democracy
        > djw@...
        > 312.587.7060

      • Dan Johnson-Weinberger
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
          There are four of us on the list so far.

          DJW
          --- John Huie <jphuie@...> wrote:
          > Dan, how many people are on the listserv?
          > John Huie / Athens, GA

          =====
          Dan Johnson-Weinberger
          National Field Director, Center for Voting and Democracy 312.587.7060 (office) 312.933.4890 (mobile)
          djw@...
          www.fairvote.org
          Voice for all in legislatures by cumulative voting in 3-seat districts Instant runoff voting for executives to give voters more choices

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • Dan Johnson-Weinberger
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
            There are four of us on the list (six subscribers -- I'm on under two email
            addresses and there's an IRV fan from Germany who monitors every single IRV
            list we've got).

            And you all have full powers to do anything you'd like with the list to
            slowly find more allies for instant runoff voting in Georgia. Feel free to
            invite some people (an easy to way to build support for IRV).

            DJW