Durango organizing?

  • Anne Markward
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003

      Hi - just gaining interest in IRV, and gathering info for a women's political group here in Durango, CO. Was not yet allowed to access your Yahooo site to see what's been posted, so bear with me. Is anything already being done on IRV in this sw corner of the state? who would I contact? thanks -

      Anne Markward
      Metamorphosis Coaching & Consulting
      970.385.5155

      Would you rather be a bug or a butterfly?

    • Dpolhill@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
        In a message dated 1/31/2003 9:29:14 AM Mountain Standard Time, amarkward@... writes:

        Hi - just gaining interest in IRV, and gathering info for a women's political group here in Durango, CO. Was not yet allowed to access your Yahooo site to see what's been posted, so bear with me. Is anything already being done on IRV in this sw corner of the state? who would I contact? thanks -

        Anne Markward
        Metamorphosis Coaching &Consulting
        970.385.5155

        Hi Anne,
        We want to experiment with IRV in Colorado.  I thought some folks were going to run a petition in Denver, but the leadership was not there.  Are you up for Durango being first?

        Thanks.
        Dennis Polhill
        Golden, Colorado
      • BetteRose@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
          I don't know if any of you get Science News or if anyone on this list saw the
          article in the Novemeber 2, 2002 weekly but you may want to read it if you
          haven't. It is called Voting Math. You might still be able to access it on
          www.sciencenews.org. It discusses IRV and other systems as well, though not
          in real detail.

          BetteRose Ryan
          LNC At Large Rep