Petition Rights Amendment on TV Sunday Morning.

  • Dpolhill@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2006
      Hi IRVers,
      Learn about the Petition Rights Amendment by watching Aaron Harber either Sunday morning or on the web.
      Thanks.
      Dennis

      DATES: Friday, February 3rd at 9:00 pm
                    Sunday, February 5th at 2:00 pm

      TOPIC: THE PETITION BALLOT INITIATIVE (APPROVED)

      GUESTS

      Dennis Polhill, Founder, Initiative & Referendum Institute

      Doug Campbell, Author, Petition Rights Amendment

      Norma Anderson, Former Senate Majority Leader (R)

      Katy Atkinson, Republican Political Consultant

      PREVIEW

      Joining me in this week's show are the two primary proponents of the proposal who you will be seeing and hearing about frequently throughout 2006 -- Dennis Polhill and Doug Campbell.  And opposing the proposal is former State Senate Majority Leader Norma Anderson and Republican political consultant Katy Atkinson.

      Choose a Video Player:
      Windows Media Player

      QuickTime

      http://www.harbertv.com/petition_medium.wmv

    • legislativedirector@lpcolorado.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2006
        Dpolhill@... wrote:
        > Hi IRVers,
        > Learn about the Petition Rights Amendment by watching Aaron Harber
        > either Sunday morning or on the web.
        > Thanks.
        > Dennis

        I saw you and Doug on Aaron Harbor Friday night. The next time you're
        going to be on TV, let me know in advance and I'll include notice in my
        "LPCO Liberty Alert". These alerts reach over 1,300 Libertarian
        activists statewide.

        Also, I didn't know that you were the founder of the "Initiative &
        Referendum Institute". Do you have a web site for this?

        BTW, I think that Norma's argument about the PRA promoting a pure
        democracy is the strongest against the PRA (but I think that it will be
        ineffective).

        Would you be interested in writing a short article for our newsletter
        rebutting that argument? Our activists are planning to promote the PRA
        throughout the summer at our Outreach booths - and having that rebuttal
        argument in advance might help them.

        BTW, I know that you have a history with the LPCO, but are you a
        registered Libertarian now? Just curious.

        --
        Richard C. Randall
        Legislative Director

        ====================================
        Sign up to receive "Liberty Alerts" at:
        http://www.lpcolorado.org/lpcolibertyalerts.htm
      • Dpolhill@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2006
          Hi Rick,
          Thanks.  See blue type below.
          Dennis

          In a message dated 2/5/2006 12:03:07 AM Mountain Standard Time, legislativedirector@... writes:
          Dpolhill@... wrote:
          > Hi IRVers,
          > Learn about the Petition Rights Amendment by watching Aaron Harber
          > either Sunday morning or on the web.
          > Thanks.
          > Dennis

          I saw you and Doug on Aaron Harbor Friday night. The next time you're
          going to be on TV, let me know in advance and I'll include notice in my
          "LPCO Liberty Alert". These alerts reach over 1,300 Libertarian
          activists statewide.  will do.  Doug and I will be on the John Andrews radio show next Sunday evening at 6:30.  710am

          Also, I didn't know that you were the founder of the "Initiative &
          Referendum Institute". Do you have a web site for this?  the truth is I was co-founder.  The #1 guy is Dane Waters.  http://www.iandrinstitute.org/ ... founded in 1998, we merged with USC Law school in 2004.  So IRI has done less an the law suit side in recent years.

          BTW, I think that Norma's argument about the PRA promoting a pure
          democracy is the strongest against the PRA (but I think that it will be
          ineffective).

          Would you be interested in writing a short article for our newsletter
          rebutting that argument? Our activists are planning to promote the PRA throughout the summer at our Outreach booths - and having that rebuttal argument in advance might help them.  yes.  I am doing a piece right now for I.I.  How soon would you need it?

          BTW, I know that you have a history with the LPCO, but are you a
          registered Libertarian now? Just curious.  not a registered Libertarian.

          --
          Richard C. Randall
        • legislativedirector@lpcolorado.org
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2006
            Dpolhill@... wrote:
            > I saw you and Doug on Aaron Harbor Friday night. The next time you're
            > going to be on TV, let me know in advance and I'll include notice in my
            > "LPCO Liberty Alert". These alerts reach over 1,300 Libertarian
            > activists statewide. will do. Doug and I will be on the John
            > Andrews radio show next Sunday evening at 6:30. 710am

            OK. I'll promote it!

            > BTW, I think that Norma's argument about the PRA promoting a pure
            > democracy is the strongest against the PRA (but I think that it will be
            > ineffective).
            >
            > Would you be interested in writing a short article for our newsletter
            > rebutting that argument? Our activists are planning to promote the
            > PRA throughout the summer at our Outreach booths - and having that
            > rebuttal argument in advance might help them. yes. I am doing a
            > piece right now for I.I. How soon would you need it?

            Mid February would be great. We're hoping to have our next newsletter
            out in early March.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006
              Hi Rick,
              Anyone who missed it can watch the Aaron Harber show on the web at http://www.harbertv.com/petition_medium.wmv

              How many words for the article to fit your newsletter?
              Thanks.
              Dennis

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006
                Dpolhill@... wrote:
                > Hi Rick,
                > Anyone who missed it can watch the Aaron Harber show on the web at
                > http://www.harbertv.com/petition_medium.wmv

                Thanks!!! I'll pass that on to our activists!

                > How many words for the article to fit your newsletter?
                > Thanks.
                > Dennis

                We're pretty generous when it comes to article length. We basically just
                take in articles and insert as many as will reasonably fit into the
                newsletter. If articles are too long, we print a part 1 followed by part
                2 in the next newsletter. This actually keeps the topic in front of our
                members longer.

                However, I think that short, concise articles are best (catches all of
                our readers with ADD).

                That having been said, the PRA is one of the more complicated issues to
                present to the voters. I think that content is the key. Feel free to
                submit a 2 part article if you feel that is required.

                We're currently printing the newsletter on a quarterly basis. So the two
                issues would be printed in March & June. That's when our activists will
                need the information most. Feel free to advise our activists of how best
                to help promote the PRA.

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006
                  In a message dated 2/6/2006 9:28:31 AM Mountain Standard Time, legislativedirector@... writes:
                  However, I think that short, concise articles are best (catches all of
                  our readers with ADD).

                  That having been said, the PRA is one of the more complicated issues to
                  present to the voters. I think that content is the key. Feel free to
                  submit a 2 part article if you feel that is required.
                  Hi Rick,
                  I agree with your thinking.  Focus on a single point of concern and maybe do another later.  And shorter is always better.  Obviously the shortest letters on the letter to the editor page are the ones most read.
                  Thanks.
                  Dennis