Dec IRV event in Aspen?

  • IRV Alliance
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2005
      Can anyone speak at an IRV presentation in early December at Aspen?
      I am hoping to attend a national conference for student politicial
      activists there next month.

      A lot of these folks could help organize students across the country
      to help with IRV campaigns, and this may be the best chance to have
      an informational session with topics such as:
      - helping politicians understand IRV
      -How to help candidates promoting IRV
      -why this is the easiest & most effective election reform to pass &
      implement
      -Why the progressive agenda is stalled until we get reform, a long-
      term solution.
      etc.
      -The IRV info session would probably be only one day, or maybe an
      afternoon session to be repeated in the afternoon.
      -The presentation could be videotaped for use across the country.
      So, anyone on this list in Aspen. Want to be an expert witness?
      Some of these activists may not know much about IRV, even though
      there organization is officially pro-IRV.

      The only ways to get rid of our "mgcaa" spammer are
      1- get one of the moderators to delete them
      2- ask the owner to be a moderator so you can do it.
      4- start a new egroup such as IRVCO and announce it here,
      then the new egroup can linked from sites such as
      http://4IRV.us
    • mgcaa.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2005
        No such email address.
      • Ron Hill
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
          Dec IRV event in Aspen?
          Hello -

          I have some knowledge of PR voting in various cities and countries, such as Australia.

          I am very interested in IRV getting started in Colorado, but I don’t have any first-hand experience on IRV itself.
          Any speaker should be very well informed on the subject.

          Perhaps someone at the Center For Voting & Democracy in Washington DC, may be able to offer someone.

          Center for Voting and Democracy <info@...>

          Please keep me advised how this works out.

          Ronald Hill
          Littleton, Colorado

[...]

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • mgcaa.org