Great Aspen news & pre-planning national IRV meeting in Dec.

  • states_4irv
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2005
      Councilmember Jack Johnson is really showing some great leadership.
      I found this story from July 22:
      http://at.us.publicus.com/article/20050722/NEWS/107220039/0/ARCHIVES

      (IT turns out that Johnson made IRV a top campaign issue before he
      won in a tight race- now he is going to help put it on the ballot)

      Aspen folks: please let us (this egroup) know whenever anything is
      published about IRV in Aspen, like news or letters to editor.
      It would also help to save a couple "hard copies" of each newspaper
      with a story, so that we can cut and paste them into good fliers.
      Thanks.

      My other question is about December. I will probably be there in
      Aspen in early Dec., with a lot of other U.S activists too. This is
      ideal for some workshops on IRV activism, where people from across
      the country can share campaign materials and success stories.
      Then we can work towards a long term goal of passing Mckinney's IRV
      bill in time for the '08 elections.
      Maybe we can even help with the Aspen campaign for a few days.
    • mgcaa.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2005
        No such email address.