STRATEGIC_ALERT!!! CONSERVATIVES_vs_LIBERALS [pro-life vs pro-death]

  • Mike Coppi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2005
      STRATEGIC_ALERT!!! CONSERVATIVES_vs_LIBERALS [pro-life vs pro-death]

      To identify/contact your Senators:
      http://www.senate.gov/
      Or call 202-224-3121 and ask for your Senator.

      Action Petitions crucial in the fight to confirm John Roberts:
      http://grassfire.org/
      http://www.aclj.org/
      http://www.sba-list.org/
      http://www.thevanguard.org/
      http://www.reclaimamerica.org/
      http://www.rightmarch.com/ (click on "Action Alerts")

      (Send a free message directly to your two Senators telling them to
      confirm Judge Roberts quickly.)

      SEE BELOW FOR FURTHER DETAILS TO SUPPORT THIS NOMINATION!!!

      Action Petitions crucial in the fight to protect human life:
      http://www.sba-list.org/ (click on "Take Action")
      http://grassfire.org/ (scroll down, click on "Take Action")
      http://www.reclaimamerica.org/ (click on "Center Petitions")
      http://www.family-coalition.org/
      http://www.yourcatholicvoice.org/

      SEE BELOW FOR FURTHER DETAILS TO SUPPORT THE CULTURE OF LIFE !!!

      New movement afoot to empty Purgatory and keep it empty!
      http://www.mtep.com
      Help rescue Poor Souls so they can enjoy all the joys of Heaven!

      Subject: Supreme Court Nomination Alert

      President Bush has nominated Judge John Roberts to replace Justice
      Sandra Day O'Connor on the Supreme Court. Judge Roberts is highly
      qualified and has proven legal abilities. We now have the opportunity
      to get a judicial conservative on the Court -- a conservative who will
      faithfully interpret the Constitution and the laws of our country
      without legislating from the bench.

      Judge John G. Roberts is exceptionally well qualified to serve as the
      next Supreme Court Justice. He believes in the Constitution, free
      markets, and the inalienable right to life.

      Now, his nomination will go to the Senate while he will be questioned
      about his judicial philosophy and credentials. We can also expect,
      unfortunately, that many Senators will seek to derail his nomination
      with vicious personal attacks against his faith, his belief in strict
      interpretation of the constitution, and any rulings that he has made
      that do not fit their public policy ends.

      His nomination has invoked strong opposition from groups like People
      For the American Way, Planned Parenthood, and others - because they
      know that the next Supreme Court Justice will play a pivotal role in
      major decisions regarding religious freedom ... abortion ...
      pornography ... and more.

      And they know that John G. Roberts, Jr. will impartially pursue
      justice and uphold the Constitution and the rule of law in all
      matters. So in their panic and desperation, these organizations are
      fighting "no holds barred" against the appointment of Judge Roberts to
      the Supreme Court of the United States.

      "Smear" campaigns ... public intimidation ... filibuster ... all of
      these could threaten the nomination of this fine and well-qualified
      candidate.

      They will question him about abortion and Roe vs. Wade, as if that
      decision cannot be reversed and belongs to some kind of sacred,
      unchangeable dogma. In regard to this, it is important to keep in mind
      that the current Chief Justice of the United States is one of the
      original dissenters in Roe vs. Wade. If he can hold that position, so can
      an Associate Justice of the Court. A belief that Roe should be
      overturned should certainly not be considered an obstacle to serving
      on the Court.

      Over the last few weeks, pro-abortion groups have demanded that the
      President's Supreme Court nominee pass their "pro-choice litmus test"
      and support abortion at any time for any reason. If a Judge does not
      meet this "test" these groups have insisted on a filibustered.

      Just being suspected of being pro-life is enough to cause some
      abortion advocates to have a fit. Pro-abortion activists are gearing
      up for the fight of the century and will do everything in their power
      to block a judge who isn't pro-abortion.

      Expect some Senators to attack Judge Roberts for his religious and
      personal beliefs. Many have argued in the past that those with strong
      religious beliefs do not belong on the Supreme Court. This would
      effectively eliminate every faithful member of any faith from service
      on the highest Court in the land.

      To achieve their goals, some may choose to filibuster Judge Roberts.
      Doing so would set a dangerous precedent. It would be the first time
      in history that a minority of Senators prevents the full Senate from
      fulfilling its duty to provide advice and consent on a Supreme Court
      nominee. This would create a constitutional crisis, as a minority of
      Senators would unilaterally amend the Constitution without going
      through the necessary process to do so.

      We can fight those who would engage in these bigoted and unfair
      tactics. We must not let the radical leftists sabotage this chance to
      replace Sandra Day O'Connor's "swing vote" with a solid conservative
      vote. ONE VOTE can make all the difference in the world.

      Please take a few minutes to contact your Senators and tell them you
      expect a fair up-or-down vote on the floor of the Senate! Tell them,
      furthermore, that any religious or moral beliefs that Judge Roberts
      expresses should not disqualify him from confirmation.

      To identify/contact your Senators, see:
      http://www.senate.gov/
      Or simply call 202-224-3121 and ask for your Senator. You will need to
      make two calls, one for each Senator.

      And/or fill out the petitions noted at the top of this letter. Letters
      to Senators are crucial components in our fight for all of President
      Bush's nominees to the Supreme Court.

      Hearings should begin in late August or more likely early September.
      Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee has pledged to meet President
      Bush's goal of completing the confirmation proceedings before the
      court's new term begins on October 3rd.

      It's critical that you contact your two state senators right away and
      urge them to reject any stall, obstruction, or filibuster. It is
      imperative that there be a full court by October 3, the first day the
      court is back in session!

      Don't let pro-abortion activists be the only voices your Senators
      hear. Please send them a letter urging them to bring the President's
      Supreme Court Nominee to the Senate floor for a vote.

      Remember, this will be a battle. Liberals/abortion advocates have
      suffered many losses in the legislatures, and many losses at the
      voting booth. The Courts are their only real stronghold of political
      power, and they don't want to lose that!

      Pro-Life Conservatives need to urge their Senators to do the right
      thing. This is what we voted for in November's election - a positive
      change on the Supreme Court! Let's keep the momentum going!!!

      Join a prayer campaign for the Supreme Court at:
      http://www.PrayerCampaign.org

      American Center for Law and Justice
      P.O. Box 90555, Washington, D.C. 20090-0555
      Phone: (800) 296-4529
      http://www.aclj.org/

      Christian Family Coalition
      PO Box 650216, Miami, Florida 33265-0216
      (305) 222-8196
      http://www.family-coalition.org cfc_alert@...

      Priests for Life
      PO Box 141172, Staten Island, NY 10314
      888-PFL-3448, 718-980-4400; Fax: 718- 980-6515
      http://www.priestsforlife.org mail@...

      Subject: Urgent Pro-Life Action Requested!

      Our nation is literally on the precipice of launching a thriving
      embryonic harvesting industry that would claim tens of millions of
      embryos--and your tax dollars would help
      fund it!

      This bill would support and encourage a line of research that requires
      the intentional destruction of living human embryos for the derivation
      of their cells. Destroying nascent human life for research raises
      serious ethical problems and millions of Americans consider this
      practice immoral.

      We cannot allow this to happen.

      Take immediate action and say "NO!" to using our tax dollars to fund
      Embryonic Stem Cell research.

      + + ACTION ITEM #1

      --Contact Your Senator and urge them to oppose the Stem Cell Research
      Enhancement Act of 2005 (S.471).

      To identify/contact your Senators, see:

      http://www.senate.gov/

      When calling, please be polite and simply tell them that you don't
      want your tax dollars used to promote the killing of life! Tell them
      you do not want your taxpayer dollars supporting the unethical
      destruction of embryos in that name of science!

      + + ACTION ITEM #2

      Please sign the "Petitions for Life" to have a voice in this unfolding
      and controversial debate:

      http://www.sba-list.org/ (click on "Take Action")
      http://www.reclaimamerica.org/ (click on "Center Petitions")
      http://grassfire.org/ (scroll down to Pro-Life issue, click on "Take
      Action")

      Here are the facts: Already, humans with 58 different diseases have
      been successfully treated and cured with adult stem cells, which are
      obtained ethically.

      Destructive embryo Stem Cell research has led to zero cures for life-
      threatening diseases such as Parkinson's or Alzheimer's, yet
      pro-abortion groups ignore this and insist that this research be
      funded by taxpayer dollars - your dollars.

      Although many in the media and science world would have you believe
      that Embryonic Stem Cells (ESC) can cure everything, but it simply
      isn't the case. In fact, ESCs have not effectively treated anything!

      However, Adult Stem Cells (ASC) from sources like umbilical cord
      blood have already successfully treated many conditions ranging from
      Leukemia to Sickle-Cell Anemia!

      Urge your Senators to reject any bill that allows human-embryo
      destructive research!
      Instead, tell them to support funding of ethical stem cell research
      like the Bone Marrow and Cord Blood Therapy and Research Act of 2005
      (S.1317 ). This bill funds the use of adult stem cells taken from
      umbilical cord blood to treat various diseases.

      Another bill to support is the Human Cloning Prohibition Act (S. 658),
      sponsored by Pro-Life Senator Sam Brownback.

      Cloning creates human embryos for the sole purpose of destroying them.
      The House has already passed this bill twice. It's time for the Senate
      to pass it so it becomes law!

      Urge your Senators to support the Human Cloning Prohibition Act!

    • mgcaa.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2005
        No such email address.
      • Charlie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2005
          Why is this posting on this list? It is certainly off topic.

          Charlie Green