Verifiable voting

  • Jan Kok
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 2:52 PM
      Fellow voting reformers,

      The best voting method that anyone could invent won't do any good if the
      votes aren't recorded and counted properly, whether due to unreliable
      equipment, human error, or deliberate tampering. I've been reading about
      electronic voting and am appalled at the reported unreliability and lack
      of security in these systems. See
      http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=16474 for just a small sample
      of what I'm talking about. There's MUCH more!

      If you are concerned about accurate, honest elections, please check out
      these links:

      www.coloradovoter.net Citizens for Verifiable Voting, a very active
      group centered around Boulder. They have an active discussion list as
      well.

      www.cfvi.org Coloradoans for Voting Integrity.

      for promoting the use of verifiable voting procedures in Larimer County,
      CO, USA. May also promote alternatives to Plurality voting and other
      voting-related issues.

      I just created that last group this morning. If any of you are in
      Larimer, I'd like to hear from you!

      Thanks,
      - Jan