Re: [InstantRunoffCO] IRV and other reforms

  • Marc Cittone
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28 8:25 AM
      Re: [InstantRunoffCO] IRV and other reforms
      I agree with Ron.  I think the most likely supporters are "mainstream" officials who may be "threatened" by third party candidates: i.e. here in the Boulder area Dems may feel a little uncomfortable about the Green vote.  So I'd say try Alice Madden and Tom Plant in the House (I think), and Ron Tupa in the Senate, as well as Andrew Romanoff (house?) from Denver.  Any ideas who else might be supportive?  Maybe we should compile a list of susceptible representatives ... also since Denver elects mainly by district (which I don't think is the best idea but anyway ...) maybe we should target the Denver city council?  And Boulder county?  Are there other councils that might have problems of 3-way races ... I'm thinking in the mtns where libertarians are strong ... how about other people on this list?  What's the situation like where you are?

      I am semi-active in the Boulder Dems so I have met a few of the candidates and have chances to meet our reps ..

      Marc