Any ideas on what this bronze 10 cm object was used for?

  • Carl Sandler Berkowitz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2011
      This object, with an inscription, was sent to another listserv.  Perhaps some of you out there can help with identifying the inscription.
      Vobis gratias ago.
      Carl Sandler Berkowitz

      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:06 PM
      Subject: [Antiquities_Science] Any ideas on what this bronze 10 cm object was used for? [1 Attachment]

      I read the stamp as EIC. Uncertain age.

      http://edgarlowen.com/f_brnz_8.JPG

      Thanks,
      Edgar
    • Jack Kilmon
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2011
        It looks very much like a cobra fibula, perhaps Roman Egypt.

        Jack Kilmon

        Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 7:22 AM
        Subject: [Inscriptiones-l] Any ideas on what this bronze 10 cm object was used for?

        Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:06 PM