Re: [Innotabcustomizers] Innotab 2s transfer videos

  • Rachel Roden
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3 9:47 AM
      It took me 2 weeks of running down every suggestion I found to get my BF's Innotab 2S working again (videos) after the upgrade ...

      I did ALL of this to no avail (though maybe it will work for others)

      I typed this up for my DH to try to help, so if it sounds funny ..............................................

      Of all the suggestions on the problem ... Almost all of them will refer back to these 3 ... or repeat the information here.

      Vtech's Instructions
      and Vtech's "how to do video" instructions in their support pages  (no link for it)http://www.vtechkids.com/support/faqs
      Question
      Does the InnoTabR 2 come with a video / audio converter software?
      Answer
      No, InnoTabR 2 does not come with a video / audio converter software, please see our additional instructions below.

      InnoTabR 2 supports JPEG formatted photos and MJPEG/H.264 formatted video playback. Other video formats can be converted to work with InnoTabR 2 using third party software (not included).

      There may be legal restrictions associated with the use of commercial video files, movies, programs and other content for which VTechR accepts no responsibility or liability. Users should take responsibility for observing relevant copyright law in their country for this type of media.

      Recommended format settings required for video playback compatibility with InnoTabR 2:
      When converting your video for InnoTab, please follow the following guidelines:

      Supported format:
      H.264 baseline profile video and MP3 audio in an AVI file.

      Recommended resolution:
      480x272 if source is 16:9 and 320x240 if source is 4:3. Other resolutions are supported but are not optimal for the device.

      Recommended Video bitrate:
      600 Kbps. Other bitrates are supported but are not optimal for the device.

      Recommended Audio bitrate:
      96 Kbps. Other bitrates are supported but are not optimal for the device.

      Maximum file size:
      2GB (over 5 hours of play time using the recommended setup).
      The following freeware programs may be used to convert most videos:

      Avanti GUI
      eRightSoft Superc
      MediaCoder
      TEncoder
      (All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. VTechR does not endorse, support or accept any liability for the freeware listed above.)

      Yahoo Groop Forum
      http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=57703819&postcount=2  -  but I couldn't figure out how to download the recommended conversion program.
      the Innotab group
      he has some "test converts" available for download on the group but I couldn't figure out how to download them.

      Youtube Videos
      His newest walk through on converting videos
      And discussion of the Vtech problem with the firmware

      Unfortunately, none of the above suggestions ever yielded a result that worked (I probably messed up a setting somewhere) ....  then somebody posted this video...

      and once I found the output file .. the results worked!!!   I either have to close the program or ask to see the output folder from the program before I can find it.  Though it might just be a quirk on my computer.

      Since then, I've redone almost every video for my daughter's Innotab as well, the files are much smaller and seem to be "crisper".

      I would be happy to email one of the smaller files like the Tigger Song to anyone having problems to see if it works for them.

      All of my videos are downloaded from Youtube with Freemake into a small MP4 format.  I convert those into .AVI.    I have not had any success converting .FLV or .MOV formats.
      I cannot find the video that I followed for downloading, but here is one by the same person....
      using a different program... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cua50iz81X8

      Rachel Roden
      Mom to 4 Blessings
      http://eaglenestmom.blogspot.com/
      Homeschool Information

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5 4:04 AM
        Hello,

        The method used in that YouTube video looks ok but there are still a few differences from the recommended settings. The video bit-rate is 512 instead of 600 and the audio bit-rate is 112 instead of 96 but it should still work.

        I still prefer my guide below, purely because it uses the exact recommended specifications, and the AVIDemux program lets you see a preview of the changes you are making (eg cropping, resizing, etc)

        http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=57703819&postcount=2

        You said you couldn't find the download for this program, so here is the direct link to the Windows version (just click the link below and wait 5 seconds):

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/avidemux/files/avidemux/2.5.6/avidemux_2.5.6_win32.exe/download

        Hope that helps,

        NiVZ

        --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel Roden" <Mountainlamb@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=x_ZLTfVKg7w
        >
        > and once I found the output file .. the results worked!!! I either have to close the program or ask to see the output folder from the program before I can find it. Though it might just be a quirk on my computer.
        >

        > Since then, I've redone almost every video for my daughter's Innotab as well, the files are much smaller and seem to be "crisper".
        >

        > I would be happy to email one of the smaller files like the Tigger Song to anyone having problems to see if it works for them.
        >

        > All of my videos are downloaded from Youtube with Freemake into a small MP4 format. I convert those into .AVI. I have not had any success converting .FLV or .MOV formats.
        > I cannot find the video that I followed for downloading, but here is one by the same person....

      • marcus_kessler
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5 9:46 AM
          All,

          I made that video and I now realize that the recommended bit-rates are not being used. I got those setting from the sample video that I think NiVz uploaded to the Spiffy website. I'll add some notes to the video shortly regarding these bit-rates.

          Recently, I've been working with AVIDemux (using NiVz guide) to get some DVDs from my collection onto my kids' Innotab2, but it is just so sloooooooow, so I've moved onto MediaEncoder. The quality isn't quite as good but still good enough for the Innotab. I'm working on maybe a video or instructional on how to do that. I'll update the forum when I decide what to do. Thanks.

          Marcus