New "InnoTab Customizer" program

  • nivz78
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 24, 2012
      Hello,

      I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.

      I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.

      If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.

      Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:

      [autorun]
      icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
      open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
      action=InnoTab Customizer
    • sw9st
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 20, 2012
        Hi nivz78, I love this program and think it is a great idea, however my other half prefers to load things through the LLN and it hasn't been working very well since I changed to my own thumbnails via your original file and he wants me to put all the original boring thumbnails back. My DD2 deleted all the videos I had put on for her and when I went to add them again via LLN, it let me put a few on but the thumbnails were coming up as black squares, then it started crashing again.I've managed to get them looking like movie cameras again, by re installing them using your new file, and LLN seems to let me transfer more on again, without crashing, but the new ones still came up as black squares. Is there anyway I can get whatever icon information was on the video part of the innotab back on there so it autowrites them with the original thumbnail via LLN, or is he going to have to live with it? Hope you can help, thanks.

        --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.
        >
        > I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.
        >
        > If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.
        >
        > Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:
        >
        > [autorun]
        > icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
        > open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
        > action=InnoTab Customizer

      • ufcv17
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30, 2012
          Awesome App. My 2 year old daughter thanks you.

          --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.
          >
          > I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.
          >
          > If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.
          >
          > Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:
          >
          > [autorun]
          > icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
          > open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
          > action=InnoTab Customizer

        • nivz78
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 20, 2012
            Hello,

            Sorry been really busy and not had a chance to look at the group.

            A few people have mentioned that you can't see videos in LLN after changing the thumbnails. I've not had a chance to find out why yet.

            The easiest way to get it back working with LLN would be just to rename or delete the Innopad.db, photo.db and videosinfo.db files on your SD card. Then put it back in your InnoTab and it switch it on and it should regenerate the default video camera icons for files. Then connect it to LLN and the LLN software should re-create the original thumbnails for each video.

            Hope that helps,

            NiVZ

            --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "sw9st" <catherinebourner@...> wrote:

            > Hi nivz78, I love this program and think it is a great idea, however my other half prefers to load things through the LLN and it hasn't been working very well since I changed to my own thumbnails via your original file and he wants me to put all the original boring thumbnails back. My DD2 deleted all the videos I had put on for her and when I went to add them again via LLN, it let me put a few on but the thumbnails were coming up as black squares, then it started crashing again.I've managed to get them looking like movie cameras again, by re installing them using your new file, and LLN seems to let me transfer more on again, without crashing, but the new ones still came up as black squares. Is there anyway I can get whatever icon information was on the video part of the innotab back on there so it autowrites them with the original thumbnail via LLN, or is he going to have to live with it? Hope you can help, thanks.
            >

            > --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.
            > >
            > > I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.
            > >
            > > If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.
            > >
            > > Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:
            > >
            > > [autorun]
            > > icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
            > > open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
            > > action=InnoTab Customizer

          • massery
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 12, 2012
              thank you for doing all this but i have a few questions:
              i have downloaded both links (innotab customizer and sqlite) but when i try to run it it tell me it's write protected what i should do?
              after clicking on it many time it show me the innotab thumbnail editor but under the video list is nothing i mean it doesn't show the video i have on my innotab even it's connected the pc.
              do i need SD to do this and if so should be in the pc or innotab?
              do i need to downloadthe ITE.zip as i saw that on youtube and what's the different if i have the other 2 and whre i can find it to download it.
              Thnks
              Imade

              --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.
              >
              > I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.
              >
              > If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.
              >
              > Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:
              >
              > [autorun]
              > icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
              > open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
              > action=InnoTab Customizer

            • madman0817
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 12, 2012
                Would it be possible to get the source code for this?

                --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.
                >
                > I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.
                >
                > If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.
                >
                > Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:
                >
                > [autorun]
                > icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
                > open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
                > action=InnoTab Customizer

              • imade yosef
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 12, 2012
                  what do you mean with source code?

                  --- In mailto:Innotabcustomizers%40yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@...> wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.
                  >
                  > I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.
                  >
                  > If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.
                  >
                  > Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:
                  >
                  > [autorun]
                  > icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
                  > open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
                  > action=InnoTab Customizer

                • nivz78
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 13, 2012
                    Have sent you a PM

                    --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "madman0817" <douglas.dion@...> wrote:

                    > Would it be possible to get the source code for this?
                    >
                    > --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello,
                    > >
                    > > I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.
                    > >
                    > > I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.
                    > >
                    > > If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.
                    > >
                    > > Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:
                    > >
                    > > [autorun]
                    > > icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
                    > > open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
                    > > action=InnoTab Customizer

                  • gazi4e
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 24, 2013
                      if you wrote this in C#, I'd also like to see the source if possible. I helped build up an app for the Leap Pad and wouldnt mind taking a look at this as well.

                      --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@...> wrote:

                      > Have sent you a PM
                      >
                      > --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "madman0817" <douglas.dion@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Would it be possible to get the source code for this?
                      > >
                      > > --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Hello,
                      > > >
                      > > > I added a new program called "InnoTab Customizer". It now has tabs for Videos, Photos and Music.
                      > > >
                      > > > I also added buttons to Add and Delete videos right from the customizer (otherwise you'd need to copy the files then start InnoTab to generate the database entry, then re-connect it to the Thumbnail editor). Any added videos get the default InnoTab video icon which you can then change as normal.
                      > > >
                      > > > If I get time and can figure it out I might try and add the same buttons for photos and music. I think the music buttons would be really useful as I don't like having to always use LLN to copy music.
                      > > >
                      > > > Another neat trick is to put the "InnoTab Customizer.exe" into the root directory of the SD card you use in your InnoTab so it is always with you. You might also want to create an Autorun.inf file on the SD card with the following contents so that you can choose to run it as soon as it is connected:
                      > > >
                      > > > [autorun]
                      > > > icon=InnoTab Customizer.exe
                      > > > open=InnoTab Customizer.exe
                      > > > action=InnoTab Customizer

                    • nivz78
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 26, 2013
                        Hi G4zie,

                        I wrote the programs in a scripting language called AutoIT. I did look at porting it to C#, but it looked difficult to add in the SQLite database functionality, and the .dll was about 4mb for it alone. The AutoIT program is nice and small at under 1mb just now. I also didn't know how to do the bitmap stuff in C# (needed help with that from the AutoIT community).

                        If you want to see what some of the source (from an earlier version) have a look here:

                        http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/138776-identify-sqlite-blob-image-format/

                        NiVZ

                        --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "gazi4e" <gazi4e@...> wrote:

                        > if you wrote this in C#, I'd also like to see the source if possible. I helped build up an app for the Leap Pad and wouldnt mind taking a look at this as well.
                        >
                        > --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Have sent you a PM
                        > >
                        > > --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "madman0817" <douglas.dion@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Would it be possible to get the source code for this?

                      • gazi4e
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 26, 2013
                          Gotcha. If I was able to get the source code from Mick for the image converter script he made, im sure that I could build something like that in C#. I took one of his Leap Pad apps and built upon it quite a bit.

                          --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@...> wrote:

                          > Hi G4zie,
                          >
                          > I wrote the programs in a scripting language called AutoIT. I did look at porting it to C#, but it looked difficult to add in the SQLite database functionality, and the .dll was about 4mb for it alone. The AutoIT program is nice and small at under 1mb just now. I also didn't know how to do the bitmap stuff in C# (needed help with that from the AutoIT community).
                          >
                          > If you want to see what some of the source (from an earlier version) have a look here:
                          >
                          > http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/138776-identify-sqlite-blob-image-format/
                          >
                          > NiVZ
                          >
                          > --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "gazi4e" <gazi4e@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > if you wrote this in C#, I'd also like to see the source if possible. I helped build up an app for the Leap Pad and wouldnt mind taking a look at this as well.
                          > >
                          > > --- In Innotabcustomizers@yahoogroups.com, "nivz78" <nivz78@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Have sent you a PM

                        • Esmeralda
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 29, 2013
                            cant open it

                            just say could not find LLn folder or any removable drive please ensure innotab is connected and/or innotab sd card is inserted

                            any idea how to fix it?