Re: how to use the toner dusting method to airbrush with pebeo.

  • Tristan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 8:43 PM
      Hi, sorry I've been busy with things besides PCB making and kind of forgot about this forum.

      After etching the PCB, I repeat the toner dusting process exactly the same but with ink only over the pads. Then I bake it in the oven at 250 degress F for a couple minutes to fix the toner and dry the ink. Then I airbrush on a thin layer of pebeo porcelain 150. I repeat this, 2 more times allowing the layers to air-dry in between. Then bake the board per the instructions for the Pebeo. Afterwards, rub the board with Acetone. The pads that were covered by toner should come off after a little scrubbing.

      Although the results were useable, I never got them to be very pretty looking. I don't have any pictures, sorry. I've stopped using the toner dusting method in favor of the dry film resist photo method.