File - Monthly.txt

  • Inkjet_PCB_Construction@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
      Monthly Reminder, please read:

      Messages and threads:
      Please do NOT start a new thread by replying to another message. Even if you change the subject line completely and trim all the original messages off, there is information in the hidden header that Yahoogroups detects and then lists it as if it were part of that thread.
      To start a new thread, start a new message to the list address. Inkjet_PCB_Construction@yahoogroups.com

      On Topic vs off topic:
      The list is meant to be quite specific to the subject of inkjet printing resist directly onto copper for acid etching. However, within that is a very broad area covering modification of existing printers, printhead/printer selection, ink selection, design and construction of flatbed plotters, proper drive to inkjet printheads, firmware, software, baking/post-processing of resist, suitable acids/temperatures, etc. So I ask that any questions or comments whose purpose is not strictly on topic to take place off the list or on another more suitable list.
      General electronics questions not related to the above should go to the Electronics_101 list:
      For other topics about making printed circuit boards such as toner transfer, photosensitive boards, scratch 'n etch, etc. please join the Homebrew_PCBs list:

      Subject lines:
      Remember to change the subject line if you are straying from the original thread. Please change the subject line if you are on digest, as "Digest 1044" means nothing to anyone. If you are on digest, I suggest changing yourself to "new and improved" so you can more easily reply to individual messages.
      If you want an answer to a question, use a descriptive subject line. "Help Me" is bad subject line. "Will my Canon BJC 3000 work?" is a better subject line.
      Subject lines affect whether or not people even read your message, and affect people searching the archives for help at a later date.

      Trim messages- especially if you are receiving messages in digest form. By the same token, quote enough so we know what you are responding to. "Yeah, I agree" means nothing if no one knows who you are answering or what you are agreeing with. And it is just irritating if it is added to an untrimmed huge long quoted message(s).

      Uploading files and photos:
      Please use the Description field. Think of a future member finding this, and put enough description so they'll know why it is on the Homebrew_PCBs list out of context of any messages you may have posted about it. Examples: "Test with HP pigmented black ink #15 cartridge baked at 240F for 5 minutes" is good, "My latest project" is bad. I may at any time delete files and photos with insufficient description.

      Remember to check the Links and Files if you have questions, you may find the answer there already. Don't be shy about asking, but keep in mind people are more likely to be helpful if they feel you've done some homework before asking. "What is a printed circuit board?" shows you didn't even try, but "I have an HP inkjet printer, will its black printheads work for resist printing?" shows you have put some effort in first.

      Do not send "unsubscribe" messages to the list. Either send an email to "Inkjet_PCB_Construction-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com" or log onto your groups at http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups to edit your groups. If you are unable to unsubscribe following these instructions, email the listowner at Inkjet_PCB_Construction-owner@yahoogroups.com.

      Please do -not- post virus warnings. This has been hashed to death on this list and others. If we want to hear about soccer, we'll sign up on a soccer list, if we want to hear about virii we'll sign up on a virus list. Sports, religion, and politics are OFF TOPIC for the list, feelings run high and it is too easy for a passing comment to flare up into a flame war.

      Suggestions, recommendations and such, to and from professionals and companies are welcome. If you are posting for your own business, please limit ads to once a month and feel free to post your site in the Links area. Company representatives are encouraged to respond to legit requests for information as long as you identify your connection. IE, don't pretend to be an unconnected customer, there are enough savvy people here that you'll be found out quickly. Just use common sense about replying or people might think you are flogging your business.

      Spam- Spammers will be treated with all the respect they deserve. Off Topic sale ads, links, uploads, etc. will be treated as spam and may result in your removal from the list and banning from every other list I am listowner or moderator of.

      Thank you,
      Steve Greenfield
      listowner Homebrew_PCBs, Inkjet_PCB_Construction, and Electronics_101
    • Inkjet_PCB_Construction@yahoogroups.com