Re: Annual increase in visits to Websites - what is good for a non-profit

  • Katherine Macnaughton-Osler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hello Michael, Eddie and other ISF members,

      My thanks to Michael and Eddie for your helpful feedback. Your questions made me think. They point to issues that need to be looked at when analyzing the meaning of the number of visits a Web site receives. In our case, visits have nothing to do with fundraising, since we don't raise funds in that way. But they have everything to do with using documentation we provide, because we are a community documentation centre, with, among other tools, an e-library and 3 e-bulletins, in each of our areas of specialization (women's issues, adult education and literacy). The number of subscribers to the e-bulletins has risen exponentially, as has the number of documents downloaded from our e-library, so that probably speaks more to our services this year than the number of visits to our Web sites.

      Thanks again for your constructive comments!

      Katherine Macnaughton-Osler
      Montreal, Quebec, Canada