video conferencing

  • jy_gregory
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
      We are a small (70 employees), multi-region non-profit that is
      starting to see the need for video conferencing due to high travel
      costs. No one knows anything about the current standards and options
      in this technology and I would appreciate some pointers. We could
      pick up a web cam and a microphone from Radio Shack and download some
      free chatting software for $30 dollars a month, but am wondering if
      there is anything more substantial. Although we don't know our
      specific needs, the technology would ideally have capabilities for
      multi person meetings (more than 2 people in the same room as well as
      more than two geographical locations represented). Ease of use is
      also key, and having cameras that can just be set up at a office
      workstation would also be very helpful. Any and all suggestions of
      what other non-profits are using would be extremely helpful.

      Thanks,

      Jay Gregory
      Technology Associate
      College Summit, Inc.