For Gmail users: How to send e-mails from any address using Gmail's SMTP server

  • Deborah Elizabeth Finn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Dear Colleagues,

      This is strictly for geeks who love Gmail:

      <http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4857>

      By the way, if you want a free Gmail account, send me an email and
      I'll make sure that you get an invitation. Gmail will ask me to
      specify your name and email address, but it's ok if you send me a fake
      name and a throwaway Yahoo address to use for this purpose.

      Best regards from Deborah

      Deborah Elizabeth Finn
      Boston, Massachusetts, USA
      deborah_elizabeth_finn@...
      http://blog.deborah.elizabeth.finn.com/blog
      http://public.xdi.org/=deborah.elizabeth.finn
    • Steve Backman
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        Thanks, Deborah, for originally introducing me to Gmail and staying on it. Another Gmail thing for those who may have checked it out early and moved on: you can now forward to a pop address and send from regular Outlook or Eudora desktop mail program.