TechConnect: Web-Based Marketing for Small Nonprofits, plus a spe cial product take-away opportunity (Boston, MA)

  • Deborah Elizabeth Finn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      TechFoundation and The United Way of Massachusetts Bay

      invite you to TechConnect
      a series on information technology for nonprofits

      "Web-Based Marketing Strategies For Small and Very Small Nonprofit
      Organizations"

      A panel discussion featuring
      Michael O'Toole, Partner, Philip Johnson Associates
      Michelle Bussiere, Media Planner, DB&R
      Michelle Murrain, Independent Technology Consultant
      Regina Ryan, President, R.H. Ryan & Company
      Timothy Anderson, Executive Director, World Computer Exchange

      Wednesday, January 30th, 2001
      8:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.

      and a special product take-away opportunity
      10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.

      FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

      * Who should attend?

      All are welcome, but this presentation will be particularly useful for
      nonprofit board members, chief executive officers, chief operating officers,
      chief financial officers, and other nonprofit executives.

      * Do I need any expertise in information technology to benefit from
      attending this session?

      No. This is a non-technical presentation designed for professionals who are
      experts in other aspects of nonprofit administration, planning, and
      implementation.

      * Can you give me a more specific example of how this session will be
      helpful?

      Here's a typical scenario: You are the executive director of a small
      nonprofit organization with three full-time staff members. Your
      organizational strategy calls for a web site that enables you to do outreach
      and marketing - this could involve volunteer recruitment, advocacy, or
      information for donors, clients, and constituents. You do not have an
      in-house director of marketing or director of information technology, and
      your IT budget is very modest. At this session, experts will give you
      strategic and tactical assistance in doing web-based marketing and outreach.

      * What is the format for this event?

      There will be a panel discussion, with time allotted for questions,
      announcements, and shop talk. In addition, TechFoundation and Gifts in
      Kind International will offer attendees the opportunity to go home with
      premium hardware and software products (such as Microsoft Office), many of
      them free, through Gift in Kind International's TechLearn program. The
      product take-away opportunity will require an additional pre-registration
      process.

      * Do I need to make reservations?

      Yes. Seating is limited. To register online for the TechConnect session,
      please go to http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?TKE4B8EGVELB2BDY3N55W964 .
      If you do not have access to the web, please send an email to
      techconnect@... or fax back the registration form to let us
      know that you'd like to attend on January 30th. Please give us your name,
      organization, title, email address, street address, phone number, and fax
      number. We also need to know whether you are an employee of an organization
      that has been granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service.
      The Gifts In Kind product take-away opportunity will involve an additional
      pre-registration process; please email techconnect@... if you
      would like to receive pre-registration materials.

      * How much does it cost to attend?

      It is absolutely free for nonprofit professionals.

      * Will refreshments be provided?

      Yes. On January 30th, we will offer a light breakfast.

      * Where and when will the session be held?

      Wednesday, January 30th, 2002
      8:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
      Combined Jewish Philanthropies
      126 High Street, 9th Floor
      Boston, Massachusetts

      * I know a nonprofit executive who should be on your invitation list. May I
      pass along this invitation to him or her?

      Yes, please feel free to circulate information about the TechConnect series.
      You are also welcome to email his or her contact information to
      techconnect@....

      * Is the TechConnect series offered in cities other than Boston?

      It is currently offered only in Boston and New York City, but TechFoundation
      is actively working to roll it out in other regions where we have been
      invited. If your are interested in supporting, co-sponsoring, or being
      invited to the TechConnect series in your city, please write to
      techconnect@....

      * What is TechFoundation?

      TechFoundation is an international nonprofit founded to bridge the nonprofit
      digital divide by providing nonprofits with access to the technology,
      expertise, and capital they need to build a better tomorrow. It is based in
      Cambridge, Massachusetts, with offices in New York NY, Washington DC, and
      Seattle, WA.

      Deborah Elizabeth Finn
      Nonprofit Liaison Officer and
      Director of the Boston TechConnect Series
      TechFoundation
      20 University Road, Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
      finn@...
      www.techfoundation.org
      www.imakenews.com/techfoundation