Re: Welcome to Information_Systems_Forum

  • Kathleen LaTosch
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2003
      Greetings! I'm a new member to the list. As you can see below, I'm the
      Special Events and Marketing Director for Affirmations Lesbian and Gay
      Community - just outside Detroit. As part of my responsibilities, I manage
      our website and am working on building more interactiveness to it. Our
      website is www.GoAffirmations.org - feel free to check it out and let me
      know what you think.

      Most of my questions will generally relate to web-based information,
      technology, and tips. We do have a technology group that we contract with
      that provides the staff technical support - I highly recommend it.

      Otherwise, just looking forward to hearing from other folks.

      Thanks!
      Kathleen LaTosch
      Special Events / Marketing Director

      Affirmations Lesbian and Gay Community Center
      195 W. Nine Mile Rd., Ferndale, MI 48220
      Ph: 248-398-7105 FAX: 248-541-1943
      Website: www.GoAffirmations.org

      Everyday People. Building Community.

      > I hope that you will consider posting an introductory message to the other
      members of the group. You might consider telling us about:

      > * Your nonprofit affiliation(s).
      >
      > * Your role in creating, implementing, or maintaining the information
      technology infrastructure of your nonprofit organization(s).

      > * Questions and issues pertaining to information technology that you hope
      to see addressed on this list.

    • Patrick Shaw
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
        Hello all,

        My name is Patrick Shaw and I work at a nonprofit agency called NPower -
        our mission it to provide technology know-how to other nonprofits.

        My role at NPower includes reviewing and managing tools and resources
        for nonprofits and passing that information along or posting it to our
        website. As you may imagine, much of the work we do involves information
        systems of one sort or the other.

        I'm tech savvy but more of an accidental techie - so I likely won't be
        contributing tech heavy information - but do want to stay current with
        what is possible, what is problematic and how I might be of assistance
        to the nonprofit community.

        Patrick Shaw
        Consulting Services Coordinator
        NPower Seattle
        206.286.8880

        FREE workshop on August 21 - All About HIPAA!

        <http://www.npowerseattle.org/membership/hipaatalk.htm>