"A Brief Look in the Nonprofit Technology Rear-View Mirror"

  • Deborah Elizabeth Finn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11 5:24 AM
      Dear ISF Colleagues,

      Check out this article by Tom Pollak (National Center for Charitable
      Statistics / Urban Institute)!

      Have things really changed since the widespread adoption of the
      spreadsheet? Well, the answer is both yes and no. The technology has
      changed - but we still need local leadership, performance measurement, and
      the good judgement that enables us to make sense of massive amounts of
      information.

      "A Brief Look in the Nonprofit Technology Rear-View Mirror"
      <
      http://www.communitytech.net/news/brief-look-nonprofit-technology-rear-view-mirror

      Best regards from Deborah

      Deborah Elizabeth Finn
      Strategist and Consultant
      Technology for the Nonprofit and Philanthropic Sector
      Boston, Massachusetts, USA

      Email: deborah.elizabeth@...
      Blog: www.deborahelizabethfinn.com
      Skype: Deborah909
      Twitter: Deborah909
      LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/deborah909
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Deborah.Elizabeth.Finn
      Mobile phone: 1-617-504-8188
      Voicemail: 1-617-958-1959

      I bring resources and needs together for nonprofits and
      philanthropies, mostly through strategic use of information
      and communication technologies.

    • Hannah Moore
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11 5:37 AM
        I throw this out to the list for insights. Our moderately sized non-profit adopted Sharepoint in the past year, and there has never been buy-in by the senior staff (nor anyone else). It's never been clear how it makes our lives or work better. We have a very collaborative culture to begin with. Have any of you been involved in migration to Sharepoint who have some thoughts?

        Thanks,

        Hannah Moore

        >>Check out this article by Tom Pollak (National Center for Charitable
        Statistics / Urban Institute)! Have things really changed since the widespread adoption of the spreadsheet? Well, the answer is both yes and no. The technology has changed - but we still need local leadership, performance measurement, and the good judgement that enables us to make sense of massive amounts of information. "A Brief Look in the Nonprofit Technology Rear-View Mirror" <http://www.communitytech.net/news/brief-look-nonprofit-technology-rear-view-mirror> >>