Re: Mailing Lists + Wikis = Exists?

  • Erin Fogel
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2011
      I'd look into posterous groups. It gives members of the group the ability to email the group while also publishing the contents of the email to a private group website.

      Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
          I think Google Apps (unlike just Pages) allows you to set up both a Group and a Site (not exactly a wiki but a collaboratively edited site) and make your Group an editor of the site, which gives all Group members the proper permissions. Note I have not tested this (yet), however.

          -Lisa
          --
          Lisa Jervis, Operations Director
          Center for Media Justice

          >>Second on looking into Posterous. Some CMSes might support this as well. I'm most familiar with Drupal, which has this ability through a combination of a few modules (Organic Groups and Messaging, which is how the official Drupal discussion groups and groups.drupal.org does it, or Forums, Listhandler and Mailhandler, explained here http://drupal.org/node/40777 ) I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't comparable setups out there for WordPress.>>
        • Jacqueline Morris
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
            Yes it does. The free version tops out at 50 users, but there are other paid options including I think for non-profits. Jacqueline A. Morris Technology should be like oxygen: Ubiquitous, Necessary, Invisible and Free. (after Chris Lehmann <http://twitter.com/chrislehmann> )